IGNORED

Gauntlet prototype 4-6-90

FABombjoy

Got this a while ago, and after wrestling with the computer my eprom reader is hooked to, finally got a good image of it. Couldn't find it anywhere on the net, so figured I'd post it here. Enjoy!

Clonespy says it's about 7% different from the release version. The immediate difference I noticed was the lack of licensing info on the title screen.

Gauntlet_4_6_90.zip

Nice acquisition, and very thoughtful of you to share its contents. Prototypes are very interesting bits even if they don't have major differences from the retail releases, as they serve to fill in pieces of history behind a game's development.

If you notice any additional differences between this and the release version, we'd be glad to hear of them. :)

Very cool! Thanks for sharing this. It would be awesome to see other prototypes

released as well. It's a very interesting part of lynx history. Particularly, I'd love to

see "Time Quests and Treasure Chests," which was a very early version of Gauntlet.

Edited by Nimtene

If you notice any additional differences between this and the release version, we'd be glad to hear of them. :)

Ha! Half the reason I posted it was so other people could play and do that for me ;)

But seriously, Gauntlet wasn't a game I ever spent much time playing so it's tough for me to really identify the differences. All the characters seem to be equal... I'm guessing maybe there were some differences in the upper levels.