IGNORED

Found a working Xbox at work today!

I actually found a working Xbox at work in the trash today. Someone tried to trade it in at a game store in my mall, but the screws were exposed and they couldn't take it, so they threw it out. I found it later and took it to the same store and had them test it out and it works real well. All I need is a power supply, TV hookup, and controllers and I'm ready to play!

Sweet!

I bet you said, "I GOTCHA!!!!" ;)

:rolling: :rolling:

I think it's mod time. You haven't exposed the power of the XBox until you have modded it. Softmod for no cost without opening it. A good installer (like ndure installer) will have you modded in minutes. Then grab some XBox Media Center, a couple emulators, and get comfortable.

And don't forget to snag Beats of Rage for it:

http://www.senileteam.com/borshots.php

I just modded my Xbox (after a long time of trying!), and I've got one weird thing. I want it to launch right into the Media Center, but I can't get that to work. The system boots up Avalaunch, and I can start XBMC as an app from within the file manager, and it works great. Does anyone know about how these dashboards work? Or what the Xbox is looking for when it boots? I'd love to sidestep the Avalaunch thing so I can really start using the Xbox as a media center. Heck, since it's so cool, I might just have to pick up another one!

Thanks for any help!

Yeah I just picked up another one and another Duo X2 chip. Need to decide how huge the HDD will be.

How did you do your software install? I used Auto installer 4.something and it asks what you want to set as the default dashboard.

I can also press the right trigger on boot up and select a different dash or even an application such as MAME to start up.