IGNORED

Out of Control went pretty cheap!

Atarimania75

This particular game going for $190.85 may seem cheap to high values set in the past, but when you factor it in line with the overall decrease in loose Atari carts across the board, the value is pretty much spot on. BTW, this was a cart that was initially listed at an opening bid of $258. The seller had no bids, so it was revised down to $188, and only one other bid bumped it up. I'm sure there were a number of people watching it, so there was plenty of opportunity for it to sell for more. Why didn't it? Because it is not worth more, and it remains to be seen if and how atari2600.com will make a profit on it (if he can find a buyer who only looks at atari2600.com, maybe so, but if I was in the market for a rare cart, I'd be monitoring a lot of different internet outlets to get the best price). Quite frankly, I can think of a lot of other Atari games I'd be willing to spend $190 on before Out of Control. Various sellers have tried to move this cart in 2007 for BINs of $375, $599.95 (w/ manual), $499.95 (opening bid of $349.95), and $399.95 (opening bid of $299.95, relist of $499.95 cart), none of which sold. The last record I have for a CIB one on eBay was 06-03-07 at $510, indicating where - like a lot of other rare titles - more of the value lies: in boxes and manuals.

I should add that there were a couple of instances in 2007 where loose copies of Out of Control were mixed in with other lots, these typically went for around $300, so selling off what was not wanted would further drive the overall purchase price of the cart down. Whether or not the buyers purchased these for speculative selling purposes is their own business.

Edited by Zwackery

This particular game going for $190.85 may seem cheap to high values set in the past, but when you factor it in line with the overall decrease in loose Atari carts across the board, the value is pretty much spot on. BTW, this was a cart that was initially listed at an opening bid of $258. The seller had no bids, so it was revised down to $188, and only one other bid bumped it up. I'm sure there were a number of people watching it, so there was plenty of opportunity for it to sell for more. Why didn't it? Because it is not worth more, and it remains to be seen if and how atari2600.com will make a profit on it. Quite frankly, I can think of a lot of other Atari games I'd be willing to spend $190 on before Out of Control. Various sellers have tried to move this cart in 2007 for BINs of $375, $599.95 (w/ manual), $499.95 (opening bid of $349.95), and $399.95 (opening bid of $299.95, relist of $499.95 cart), none of which sold. The last record I have for a CIB one on eBay was 06-03-07 at $510, indicating where - like a lot of other rare titles - more of the value lies: in boxes and manuals.

I had 2 in the past and i was able to sell both of them for at least $350 a piece. I would have bid up to $250 and no higher.......thats about what it is worth to me as a buyer. The gameplay pretty much sucks!

The seller of this item is the same one that bought both of those Lochjaw games up. I don't see how this particular seller makes any money with all those single cartridge auctions. Most of them must not even cover the fees it takes to list them. He spent all that money on the highlight feature and all and look what it went for.

Edited by Atarimania75

This particular game going for $190.85 may seem cheap to high values set in the past, but when you factor it in line with the overall decrease in loose Atari carts across the board, the value is pretty much spot on. BTW, this was a cart that was initially listed at an opening bid of $258. The seller had no bids, so it was revised down to $188, and only one other bid bumped it up. I'm sure there were a number of people watching it, so there was plenty of opportunity for it to sell for more. Why didn't it? Because it is not worth more, and it remains to be seen if and how atari2600.com will make a profit on it (if he can find a buyer who only looks at atari2600.com, maybe so, but if I was in the market for a rare cart, I'd be monitoring a lot of different internet outlets to get the best price). Quite frankly, I can think of a lot of other Atari games I'd be willing to spend $190 on before Out of Control. Various sellers have tried to move this cart in 2007 for BINs of $375, $599.95 (w/ manual), $499.95 (opening bid of $349.95), and $399.95 (opening bid of $299.95, relist of $499.95 cart), none of which sold. The last record I have for a CIB one on eBay was 06-03-07 at $510, indicating where - like a lot of other rare titles - more of the value lies: in boxes and manuals.

I should add that there were a couple of instances in 2007 where loose copies of Out of Control were mixed in with other lots, these typically went for around $300, so selling off what was not wanted would further drive the overall purchase price of the cart down. Whether or not the buyers purchased these for speculative selling purposes is their own business.

I am pretty sure that Joe can and will make a profit at Atari2600.com. The guy knows his stuff and knows a good flip when he sees one. Everything I have seen this guy buy he has been able to flip pretty quickly. He does not need to sell it for $399 or $350 or even $300. He could sell it for $250 walk away and get a pretty nice profit.

Your record for the last boxed one is inaccurate. The last boxed one that I am aware of was sold in June 2007 but it sold for $1,725.

I sold a loose one in December for $330 shipped.

I sold one with instructions for $500 around 2005.

Edited by holygrailvideogames.com

Your record for the last boxed one is inaccurate. The last boxed one that I am aware of was sold in June 2007 but it sold for $1,725.

I sold a loose one in December for $330 shipped.

I sold one with instructions for $500 around 2005.

Yeah, your right the boxed Out of Control did go for that much. I really don't understand why Zwackery is pulling false numbers out of his hat. :ponder:

Edited by homerwannabee

Yeah, your right the boxed Out of Control did go for that much. I really don't understand why Zwackery is pulling false numbers out of his hat. :ponder:

Calm down, I just looked at the wrong column in my spreadsheet. :roll: It was at $510 on 5-27-07 after 5 bids. The final value of the auction just proves my point that the box and manual are considerably more valuable than the cart, disproportionately so, and the loose cart has dropped off in value along with many other loose Atari carts over the past year or two.

Edited by Zwackery

Personally, I think a lot of people around here are "Out Of Control".

Wow if that not the undestatement of the last few years. When poeple talk profit on selling boxed games it makes me want to sell so bad since most of the time I paid nearly nothing for most many moons ago. Even some that I paid for over the last 5 years on Ebay have gone way up. Yes loose has had an downturn cause loose is easy.

Sold for $265 the first time around.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260192608501

Looks like he pretty much broke even then! Certainly didn't make a profit from the resales.

I bid about $150 in that original auction and stopped bidding at that level. If I hadn't just bought Magicard, I might have gone a little higher. But I thought...no big deal, someone got it for their collection and maybe the price will keep going down. I was surprised to see it flipped and even more surprised to see it get less bids than the original auction. For flippers, this might be a signal that you can't always count on making money off collectors.

When people talk profit on selling boxed games it makes me want to sell so bad since most of the time I paid nearly nothing for most many moons ago.

Don't do it! Love them boxed babies! They'll always be loyal.

If I hadn't just bought Magicard, I might have gone a little higher.

Oh, sure, just rub it in, why dont'cha?!? :P

Sold for $265 the first time around.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260192608501

Looks like he pretty much broke even then! Certainly didn't make a profit from the resales.

I bid about $150 in that original auction and stopped bidding at that level. If I hadn't just bought Magicard, I might have gone a little higher. But I thought...no big deal, someone got it for their collection and maybe the price will keep going down. I was surprised to see it flipped and even more surprised to see it get less bids than the original auction. For flippers, this might be a signal that you can't always count on making money off collectors.

I'd bet he already had one in his collection, and he probably paid more the first time around. He does buy alot to resell, but I know he bids crazy high on the stuff he doesn't own. Definitely a collector/reseller.

• 3 weeks later...
This one didn't go for much more! I kind of thought that this was close to rarity of River Patrol yet went for half of what River Patrol went for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-2600-OUT-OF-CONT...1QQcmdZViewItem

In the last time a lot more Out of Control carts pop up than River Patrol Carts. In my eyes a loose Out of Control isn´t worth more than 200$...... :cool: