IGNORED

How hard would it be to hack Berzerk into Frenzy?

phonedork

Exactly! Better play! I mean Pacman is cool, but the hacked version to Hangly Man or Pac-Man plus are much better. Frenzy has the reflective walls and you can even shoot Mr. Happy face. Plus the existing voice samples on the 5200 could make it better then the colecovision version. This hack would make it better then regular Berzerk. Berzerk is cool, but after playing Frenzy.... you really dont want to go back to berzerk. IMHO.

Exactly! Better play! I mean Pacman is cool, but the hacked version to Hangly Man or Pac-Man plus are much better. Frenzy has the reflective walls and you can even shoot Mr. Happy face. Plus the existing voice samples on the 5200 could make it better then the colecovision version. This hack would make it better then regular Berzerk. Berzerk is cool, but after playing Frenzy.... you really dont want to go back to berzerk. IMHO.

stargate is better in some ways better than defender. no one would want to change defender. pac man the orginal will always be better for many because its the 1st.

having mame we can all play frenzy but many still love playing berzerk. i wouldn't mind though seeing a new game frenzy though....

I'd rather see someone create a Frenzy 5200 from the ground up as opposed to a homebrew, personally.

Peace

Well to be honest Frenzy seems more like a small upgrade from the original. Kind of like Pacman Plus to Pacman. The Pacman collection on the 7800 is just a hack of Mrs Pacman and they created a different game pretty much without having to re-write the entire game. But yea I would take a Frenzy made from scratch as well. I was just thinking it really does not need to be done from scratch since Berzerk is pretty much 95% of what frenzy is. Hell they could make it a Berzerk Collection with the option to choose Frenzy as a game mode.

Don't get me wrong, Frenzy is a good game...but I really never felt it was that MUCH a leap forward from Berzerk. Yes, it adds some new twists...but to me....it's not THAT different.

(I have nothing to add about the real subject here though. Sorry.)

Edited by Recycled