IGNORED

X-Arcade to 2600/7800 adapter?

Atariboy

X-Arcade sticks are serial. They sell adapters for USB/PS/Xbox/DC/Wii but I've never seen one for a something as old as the 7800.

For the Wii? really? Or do you mean for the Cube?

It says Wii/GC but I just looked again at the site and you're right, it's only got GC connectors. Sorry, my mistake.

could you just take a spur from any connections that you need inside the box and have a 7800 joystick cable running out of the X-arcade as well?

I suppose if you could do this you may as well buy the parts and build your own though :D

It looks like they have some kind of proprietary serial connection. You could hack in a 7800 cable but it might screw up their regular connector. You can try and email them and see if they can custom build you a 7800 adapter. It should be fairly simple, since they already know the serial connection info.

Mitch

The X-arcade is essentially nothing but a PS2 keyboard, and a computer will recognize it as such. Unless someone has made a keyboard adapter for the 7800, I'm not sure how workable that would be.

Now, inside the X-arcade is the model of simplicity and could EASILY be rewired to make it 7800 compatible by bypassing the keyboard encoder all together. In fact, that would be AWESOME to make it a dual stick for Robotron.

I imaging it would be exactly like rewiring the Radica Space Invaders sitck.