IGNORED

Quadrun on ebay

bcprs1

If you have a real lab loaner, you're the man!

However, if you have one that originally came from Best, you have a fake proto on your hand. Still contains an original Quadrun pcb, but it's not a lab loaner. Look for not-rounded edges on the bit too crisp looking label. Philflound is right, there are dozens maybe even hundreds of these in existence. :roll:

Cheers,

Marco

:D  

On eBay germany I have get it for a better price. And its a Prototype:

Atari 2600, Quadrun, Best Proto,

Ok, only a Best Electronics Prototype, but better then nothing.  :D  ;)

That is NO prototype, it is the same thing as described above: a production run Quadrun board in a generic case.

Matty, you may want to ask some more questions first before bidding on stuff that's presented as "prototypes". There's a lot of junk out there that people try to disguise as something special.

Cheers,

Marco

Yes, I know. But where is the diffrent if it came from Atari for over US $100 or from Best Electronics for less. :D

I want that game, and so I have buy it. And many count this too as Prototype. Not 100% real, but from Best Electronics. :D

So am happy, that I have get it. :P ;)

Yes, I know. But where is the diffrent if it came from Atari for over US $100 or from Best Electronics for less.

The difference is that this never left the Atari warehouse, the lack of the beautiful label being the most conspicuous sign of that.

I want that game, and so I have buy it. And many count this too as Prototype. Not 100% real, but from Best Electronics.

They who count this as a prototype are wrong, I'm sure any prototype expert on this board will agree.

So am happy, that I have get it.

In the end, that is what counts.

I only wanted you to know what you had bought, as many people have been fooled by this one particular item. But I guess it fits nicely in your museum of "prototype" curiosities :D

Cheers,

Marco

But I guess it fits nicely in your museum of "prototype" curiosities  :D

Cheers,

Marco

:D Yes, if I get it it came on my Prototype site. :D :P ;)

But under the text: !!! After here not sure if these all real Prototypes !!!

In the right from Donal Duck's Speedboat, which is too from Best Electronics. :D

But I hope too, that I get soon 2 100% real Prototypes. Millipede (Atari Lab Loaner) and Kung-Fu Master (Activision Board, like Tempest one).

My Prototypes

PS: I have get know Millipede (Atari Lab Loaner Prototype) & Quadrun. But I can't upload them in the moment, because there are some server problems. Maybe it will work later. I am happy, that my site is now working again. The server has change the location, and so it has not work at the last days. But I can't upload there. :(

The best what today arrive is Okie Dokie #89/100 with Instruction. I am very happy to own this now. :) :D

Okie Dokie #89/100

:) :) :)

If you have a real lab loaner, you're the man!

Then I'm the man...

http://www.msu.edu/user/reicher6/prototype...tos/quadrun.htm

Tempest

:D This is no Lab Loaner. This is only an Atari Prototype Board. But I think you know it. :D :P ;)

The first 4 Prototypes on my site are Lab Loaner Prototypes, and my new Millipede. But the Human Cannonball is too only an Atari Prototype Board.

PS: My new Millipede Prototype has too a big Atari Test Board, like my Crystal Castles. Like your Klax and Motorodeo Tempest.

And both have the SARA RAM Chip, like your Klax. But they are in a Lab Loaner Case.

And whats make your Prototype site Tempest? :?

I have see, that many Atari 2600 Games are online. But you miss some that I own.

Demons to Diamonds (PAL) (Demons EPROM Cartridge)

Obelix (PAL) (OBELIX Pal Cart. 10-07-83)

Raiders of the Lost Ark (NTSC) (Raiders´ Lost Ark Cartridge)

Human Cannonball (PAL) (Human C. C012527 (PAL))

Dolphin (NTSC) (ACTIVISION, INC. AX-024 DOLPHIN TM c 12/20/82)

And some pictures that you miss:

Seaquest (PAL), Off Your Rocker (NTSC)

You can use all scans on my site, if this will help. :)

My Prototypes

Speaking of A-Team, I have a later (complete?) version of it I'm willing to demo as CGE if somebody wants to see it.

Are you sure that's a real Quadrun lab loaner? Does it feel heavier than a normal cart? Have you ever opened it up? I've seen some Best "fakeS" that look like that.

Tempest

I have a scan of a Fake Quadrun. That look diffrent and not so good. You see that the lable is selfmade.

And normally my Quadrun has too this fake lable, but this was removed by the owner before me. But I don't know if this has look like this one here? :?

The lable here has bigger text. This one from cpuwiz look better and real. But I don't know how the Fake Lable from Best Electronics look like.

post-15-1028571062_thumb.png

Dave Akers? Don't you know you can't trust programmers? I'm sure he's selling 100's of them out the back of his car... :D

Well I guess then we can say your Quadrun is Gen-U-Wine. Is it any different from the released version? What about your A-Team? Is it the same as the dump floating around out there?

Tempest

Haha, very funny Tempest ....... wait a minute, I am a programmer. Seriously, he dug them up a few months ago, he hadn't looked at them for 20 years, they were tucked away in a box.

I don't know if the A-Team is the same version, it's so precious I didn't want to mess with it at all. Maybe when I get some time I'll do the 7800 mod to dump the cart. Same with the Quadrun, haven't checked it out.

I'll pop them in tonight and check if they are different.