IGNORED

Who here in Atari Age has received the 7800 adapter from 8bit-domain?

phonedork

Hi Guys

I did not hear anything from Mike....

Would be great,if he answers to all guys,who ordered an adapter.

greetings Walter

I just ordered a 2600 4-switch adapter the other day. I've had issues too with him returning e-mail. The odd thing was, when he was sold out last month, he wrote me back and told me when to expect new orders and then I wrote twice since and he never responded.

I have no reason to believe he's not shipping orders out. When did you place your order? I was suppressed that the only invoice I got was my paypal notice. Nothing came from 8bitdomain saying they got my order.

I wouldn't worry until 10 - 14 days has gone by. at week three I'l start sending e-mails. I've never heard anyone speak ill of them, quite the opposite AFAIK.

Hi Guys

greetings Walter

I just ordered a 2600 4-switch adapter the other day. I've had issues too with him returning e-mail. The odd thing was, when he was sold out last month, he wrote me back and told me when to expect new orders and then I wrote twice since and he never responded.

I have no reason to believe he's not shipping orders out. When did you place your order? I was suppressed that the only invoice I got was my paypal notice. Nothing came from 8bitdomain saying they got my order.

I wouldn't worry until 10 - 14 days has gone by. at week three I'l start sending e-mails. I've never heard anyone speak ill of them, quite the opposite AFAIK.

Its been over 12 months, thats why Walter is worried!

The normal AV kits take a couple of months, but this is taking the piss, Walter and a few others paid in full for something that has not even been seen to be finished/working.

No emails, no refund, no news. It is beyond the joke.

I will never buy from him again, even though I need another 7800 av mod, and will be needing a coleco av mod soon

Hi Guys

greetings Walter

Its been over 12 months, thats why Walter is worried!

The normal AV kits take a couple of months, but this is taking the piss, Walter and a few others paid in full for something that has not even been seen to be finished/working.

No emails, no refund, no news. It is beyond the joke.

I will never buy from him again, even though I need another 7800 av mod, and will be needing a coleco av mod soon

yeah, you know I actually missed page one of this thread entirely OOOPS!! sorry, I had no idea this was going on. Everyone I know who has ordered anything from mike has gotten it, sometimes slow, but this is ridiculous man... seriously, I would contact my bank or PayPal or both.

I will give my order a couple weeks then send some e-mails. Do they have a land line listed at 8bit? has anyone tried calling? Is he listed in the phone book? There should be a phone number associated with his paypal account right?

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

• 3 weeks later...

I recently ordered mods for my Colecovision & 2600 4-switch from 8bitdomain. They arrived in about two weeks time. I've only done the 2600 mod so far and am extremely pleased with the results! You'll never do RF again. The sharpness from the svideo port has to be seen to be believed. The install was pretty easy too.

I'm the jackass that paid this clown 8bitdomain $150 in full for this adapter a year ago. I don't want to call him, I want to break his f*cking legs. :x

This is totally ridiculous and I think all his products should be pulled from this site and he should be banned from here. He is a thief, plain and simple. He has my money and I have jack shit. I think waiting 1 year is more than than being patient....

I recently ordered mods for my Colecovision & 2600 4-switch from 8bitdomain. They arrived in about two weeks time. I've only done the 2600 mod so far and am extremely pleased with the results! You'll never do RF again. The sharpness from the svideo port has to be seen to be believed. The install was pretty easy too.

And once again that is beside the point. This has nothing to do with A/V mods...but an adapter that was promised to ship at least twice last year (read the dedicated thread he made about it) before he decided to hide from the subject entirely (I use the word "hide" because his account shows that he still visits here). Without leaving any kind of announcement, the whole thing reeks of somebody who's plans didn't work out and no longer has the cash to refund. That's not a very good business practice regardless of other successful deals done.

Edited by Nukey Shay

• 8 months later...

And once again that is beside the point. This has nothing to do with A/V mods...but an adapter that was promised to ship at least twice last year (read the dedicated thread he made about it) before he decided to hide from the subject entirely (I use the word "hide" because his account shows that he still visits here). Without leaving any kind of announcement, the whole thing reeks of somebody who's plans didn't work out and no longer has the cash to refund. That's not a very good business practice regardless of other successful deals done.

I did not know anyone received these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-7800-2600-Adapte...1QQcmdZViewItem

why oh why would anyone in their right mind pay so much for such a mod... why not stick to having your 2600 and your 5200 be separate, I mean yeah if it was like, under $50 which is the cost of a normal video mod for either system, then maybe, but gee wiz... $150 and climbing in these economic times just seems downright foolish to me.

why oh why would anyone in their right mind pay so much for such a mod... why not stick to having your 2600 and your 5200 be separate, I mean yeah if it was like, under $50 which is the cost of a normal video mod for either system, then maybe, but gee wiz... $150 and climbing in these economic times just seems downright foolish to me.

I've paid a lot more for mods. They are worth it. Sometimes you like something so much that it is worth that price for the novelty alone.

You know, I'm thinking of making a Jaguar adaptor for the 5200. I think that would be cool :D Then make a Sega Genesis adaptor, and then the 5200 will be the first game system that can play all the (good) Bubsy games. (Bubsy, Bubsy II, and Bubsy (3) FFT)

You hit the nail on the head with this one... most of us Atari guys are not in our right mind. :D

AX

you're all coocoo for coacoa puffs!! :o pure sillyness.

I have a wonderfully modded 2600 and a colecovsion with the atari adaptor that is also a/v modded. Soon my 7800 will also be a/v modded and I can play 2600 games on that... hell for the kind of money you guys are talking about you could buy a 2 port 5200, have that a/v modded AND have money left over to boot. What is the NEED to make the 4-port do it? I don't get it, not at THAT price.

Well, for a tech stand point I think they are just taking a 7800, making it small, fitting it in the 2600 adapter shell, and passing the video through the 5200, and getting power from the cart slot for the 7800. It would have been a simple enough matter to figure out based on the 2600 adapter, for someone who does that kinda stuff. I do think its the collectors quality that makes people waste their money. You know it will just go up in value too.

AX

From what I gather, when people sank their money into these things, we weren't in the current economic times we're in now. ;)

I'd put the best construction on the situation. I think a ton of people enter into projects, buy up the parts, and then find themselves with a big job they have no time to complete. The majority of the money goes into buying 7800's and 5200/2600 adapters. I'm guessing, I dunno, maybe he did trick people and kept their money. Perhaps not. I think you all are an understanding group. If it was something like I think it was, he SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU. I think the ones that paid are more upset about the non-communication, than the not getting it sooner/ever.

AX

I'd put the best construction on the situation. I think a ton of people enter into projects, buy up the parts, and then find themselves with a big job they have no time to complete. The majority of the money goes into buying 7800's and 5200/2600 adapters. I'm guessing, I dunno, maybe he did trick people and kept their money. Perhaps not. I think you all are an understanding group. If it was something like I think it was, he SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU. I think the ones that paid are more upset about the non-communication, than the not getting it sooner/ever.

AX

This is why I put costumer service as my number one priority.

This is why I put costumer service as my number one priority.

plus, the stove pipe hat really adds to the aura of authenticity & trust :D

I really want to buy one of your 7800 A/V mods, they look great. Do you have one for the 4-port 5200? no, I do not need it modded to accept the 2600 add-on. too rich for my blood

From what I gather, when people sank their money into these things, we weren't in the current economic times we're in now. ;)

Good point. Another is some of us are not collectors but we'd like to play the games. So, a small adapter and a multicart is the way to go (vs. another system with a box a games... cables, hooking it all up, blaw blaw blaw).

You know what would get me to buy this? A 7800 adaptor with two slots at the top and a switch. One for the 7800 cart slot, and the other for the 5200 cartridge.

I would plug in flash solutions to both, leave them plugged in, and have access to all 2600, 5200, and 7800 games. Wow that would rock. :)

Except Pitfall 2, which does not work with the Cuttle Cart 2.

And Bounty Bob Strikes Back, which doesn't work on the Atarimax 5200 flash cart.

But aside from those two... :P