IGNORED

7800 Activision Cart Question

King Atari

Remember my untested carts post? Well, got the games today, and everything looks to be in working condition. I won't be able to test till later tonight (my new TV won't pull out of the entertainment center to hook up the 7800, so I've got to go to a friend's to test). Anyways, I've got a question about the Activision cart that was in the lot. It looks to be in good condition, but when looking in the slot, it has no pegs. There are no holes where the screws are, so I don't think the thing was opened. Did Activision include pegs in their 7800 games? I know pegs aren't needed to play on the 7800, since I've tested several one-peg or peg-less games on it. The game fits well in it, and the chip looks to be in good condition, but I'm curious about the missing pegs. Were they there in the first place, or is this some kind of defect copy?

Well..I just looked at my 2 7800 Activision games...and at 2 Absolute Entertainment carts. Of those 4 one is missing the pegs...

Your cart missing the pegs wouldn't happen to be Double Dragon would it?

As my DD 7800 cart doesn't have the pegs...but my Rampage 7800 Cart does...and to the best of my knowledge those are the only 2 games for the 7800 with the Activision name released on them...and not Absolute Entertainment.

Hope that helps...it would appear that DD wasn't made with the pegs....why? Who knows...cost reductions...oversight...ID10T...

The world may never know...

:D

It is indeed Double Dragon. Seeing as yours doesn't have pegs either, I'm thinking they just weren't manufactured with them. Like I said before, you don't need the pegs for a game to play on a 7800, maybe Activision realized that. Anyone else have 7800 DD without pegs?

What is odd...is that the only other Activision released 7800 game...Rampage...does have the pegs. And I could be wrong...but I thought Rampage was released after DD...so it makes it all more confusing. But I agree...two DD 7800 carts from different parts of the country...a 3rd one will confirm if this game was made with or without pegs...

That settles it then, 7800 DD was manufactured without pegs. It is pretty weird, since I've never seen an Activision cart without pegs. I'm guessing this was just a manufacturing goof, especially if Rampage was released after DD. Anyways, the mystery is solved only hours after I posted about it. Thanks Crossbow & Lemmi.