IGNORED

Which is the best Gameboy color light?

I have a Gamebouy color but one thing that bugs me is it's non-backlit screen which forces me to hold it at weird angles when I play in some places. I see there are 3 different lights widely available for it:

1. Worm light, this is a flexible light that you can aim at the screen.

2. Light/magnifier thing, this one magnifies the screen and and lights it up

3. blob light thing, this looks like a monster but uses dispersed white light to help eliminate glare, I am thinking this is the best one, but I don't really have any idea

anyone know?

I have a Gamebouy color but one thing that bugs me is it's non-backlit screen which forces me to hold it at weird angles when I play in some places. I see there are 3 different lights widely available for it:

1. Worm light, this is a flexible light that you can aim at the screen.

2. Light/magnifier thing, this one magnifies the screen and and lights it up

3. blob light thing, this looks like a monster but uses dispersed white light to help eliminate glare, I am thinking this is the best one, but I don't really have any idea

anyone know?

I like the worm light better than the magnifier lens/light. The magnifier always made the screen look distorted to me. Never tried the blob light device, so I have no opinion about them.

Good luck finding an Afterburner kit (that's the back.lighted screen). What I use is Radica's Gamester TrapLight. It has two lights, the glare is on the very edges of the screen and wraps around the whole unit. I have two, one is slightly broken and just got the other one. My camera's batteries died, so I can't take a better pic than I found n the net. No magnifier but I don't really need one. I have a few of the others, and this one is by far the best that I have tried.

Nathan

post-7404-1202783947.jpg

This is the best light I've found for the Color Game Boy. No, really, I mean that. My honest recommendation is to play in bright light of any kind.

Still, your GBC kit should have a portable light source. My favorite is the worm light, far and away. They're cheap, too. I paid $5 for mine, and there are plenty left. The Worm Light requires no extra batteries like a magnifier combo does. I have a magnifier/light, which I keep around in case I get some multiplayer stuff going on with someone who prefers it.

My objection to the worm light, is that it's got a short enough cord that it won't light the whole screen, and you pretty much have to have it reflect glare back at you to get light on the screen.

The maglights kinda suck, they have a nice bright band down the middle of the screen, and dark bands along the edge (where the edge of the screen casts a shadow on it'self) and it's a brownish ugly light, and the lense distorts the image a bit.

No comment on bloblight (but I thougth that was for GBA anyways)

My current light, is actually one I built, it sucks cause it's ass ugly, but I finely got a nice bright screen without to much glare....er...besides that that peopl egive me as I walk around with this cancerous blob attached to my gameboy :lol:

All the clip-on lights I've seen have been awful, and not worth the money (Even at $5). You're probably better off looking for a cheap GBA SP instead... more expensive than a little light, but far more effective.

--Zero

I've been waiting for the "GBA SP on clearance" day to come for over 2 years - please, Nintendo, mark them down!