IGNORED

Anyone for Pinball at the 'Zoo - Kalamazoo, Mi April 18-19th?

SRGilbert

Anyone ever been to this?

Rediscover Pinball @ The 9th. Annual "Pinball at the 'Zoo". It will be held at the Kalamazoo County Fairgrounds located at 2900 Lake Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan on Friday April 18 th & Saturday April 19 th, 2008.

It will feature a Coin-op Auction, Multiple Pinball Tournaments and Vending Booths with Parts and Machines for Sale. All games will be set on free play. Auction will be held on Saturday the 19th. at 10:00 AM. NEW This year will be our Arcade and Gameroom show.

Pinball at the Zoo

• 1 month later...

The pinball list is surprisingly lame, but the video game list should be worth the admission price: :)

Pacman

Donkey Kong

Q-bert

Super Pacman

Wizard of Wor

Galaxian

Burgertime

Centipede

Make Trax

Defender

Gorf

Space Invaders

Berzerk

Tempest

Major Havoc

Star Wars

Dig Dug

Food Fight

Asteroids

Asteroids Deluxe

Star Castle

Armor Attack

Radar Scope

Tron

Dart Machine

Astro Black Sheep Squadron

Well, we went on Friday (left work early) and we had a pretty good time. We got there too early I guess (around 2pm) so alot of stuff wasn't even setup yet. I was pretty dissapointed in the arcade selection too, almost none of the advertised arcade games were there on Friday before we left around 6:30-7:00, and the games that were there were pretty beat up. That sucks because I was really looking forward to playing Tron and Star Wars.

They did have a lot more pins than the site listed, which was cool, but a number of the ones that were listed weren't there either.

I didn't feel like spending another $16 for us to see if more stuff showed up on Saturday. Did anyone else check it out?

We did get to play a lot of pinball, and picked up some parts I needed for my pin as well. I'd say we had fun, and will probably go again next year, but will go on Saturday instead.

I was there Saturday. I would have been disappointed in the video situation had there not been 4x the number of pins listed on the site. Most of the pins were very playable with few issues. I finally got a chance to play Family Guy, too.

I should have posted a warning about going on Friday. Early Saturday is the time to go. This should really be a Sat/Sun show. I'm not sure why you'd start it on a day that most people have to work.

All in all, a definite improvement over last year.

I was there Saturday. I would have been disappointed in the video situation had there not been 4x the number of pins listed on the site. Most of the pins were very playable with few issues. I finally got a chance to play Family Guy, too.

I should have posted a warning about going on Friday. Early Saturday is the time to go. This should really be a Sat/Sun show. I'm not sure why you'd start it on a day that most people have to work.

All in all, a definite improvement over last year.

Yeah, next year I'll know better! I guess I figured it would be less crowded on Friday afternoon, and I think that was probably true.

Did any of the arcade games that they listed show up on Saturday? Looking at the list, not ONE of those games were there on Friday.

They did have a great selection of pins, no real complaints there. I was dissapointed that the Jack*Bot table wasn't there like it was supposed to be. It's one of my faves in Vpinmame, so I was really looking forward to it.

There was a Ms. Pac cocktail... Defender... those are the only 2 I recall. A lot of those machines were there last year, so they might have had a vendor pull out at the last minute. Was the 8-game county-fair-arcademobile there on Fri? I thought that was kind of interesting.

The one pinball that you should really be disappointed that it wasn't there is Joust. 2 players, rare, tons-o-fun.

There was a Ms. Pac cocktail... Defender... those are the only 2 I recall. A lot of those machines were there last year, so they might have had a vendor pull out at the last minute. Was the 8-game county-fair-arcademobile there on Fri? I thought that was kind of interesting.

The one pinball that you should really be disappointed that it wasn't there is Joust. 2 players, rare, tons-o-fun.

I did see two Defender machines there, as well as the 8-game machine which was in pretty rough shape! Was that Joust pinball machine there on Sat? I saw the pics from last year and that did look pretty cool.

There were some/i] arcade games there, including a 2 player Gauntlet, and Rally-X as well as a Joust that was in the "tournament" area. Compared to the list they were advertising, it was pretty slim pickings arcade wise.

I guess I don't feel too bad about missing Saturday now, thanks! I was convinced I missed all the good stuff.