IGNORED

Two Worlds demo

JamesD

Ok, I was curious so I downloaded and played the demo for a while.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Jerky screen, bad voice acting, repetitive dialog, poor fight animation and week enemy AI.

Don't ride the horse into any enclosed space or you might not get out.

I hope the actual game is better.

That about sums it up.

It's like playing a barbarian b-movie from the 80's. Beastmaster maybe or Barbarian Brothers.

Barbarian Brothers! THAT'S what it remined me of! LOL

Somehow I managed to play through that entire game...twice.

I'm not proud though.

The 2nd time must have been because you were in disbelief that anything you paid that much for was that bad. :D

The 2nd time must have been because you were in disbelief that anything you paid that much for was that bad. :D

Actually the original game had a glitch that made it impossible to snag 2 of the achievements. They patched the game, but you had to start over if you wanted those achivements. As it stands, I still need 1 more achievement to get 100%. Luckily I don't mind the game so much. It's not the best game by any stretch of the imagination. Gameplay is basically like the Guild Wars campaign (With crap voice acting) done on a PS2 if you ask me. I kinda like Guild Wars so for me it's tolerable.

• 4 months later...

I got this game yesterday for $5 at a flea market. I remember reading this thread, but for $5 what the hell.

Well. I'm about 1 1/2 hours into the game, and so far I guess the game is ok. yeah the graphics aren't great, the controls are tolerable, and the voice acting comical, but it seems ok.

I do have one question though, what the hell? I think i'm doing the main quest where I have to go to the "node"??? Along the way are these little lizard things that totally rape me, I'm like level 7 or 8. Should I be doing more side quests to level up first or is something I'm doing totally wrong?

EDIT: also, did anybody read the back of the box? I want the version of the game that is "Oblivion on Steroids"

Edited by Atari5200

Along the way are these little lizard things that totally rape me, I'm like level 7 or 8. Should I be doing more side quests to level up first or is something I'm doing totally wrong?

Yeah do some quests and learn some new skill ect...

The monsters in Two Worlds don't level up with you at all.If they are bigger and badder than you, you'll get smeared.

btw. attacking grizzley bears....not so much a good idea.

Two World is like any other RPG in that eventually you will be able to defeat everything in the game with a few strokes. In fact Two World was somewhat easy in my opinion. Mastering alchemy and combining items that have a permanent effect (teeth, flowers, gems) with each other produces potions that will give you permanent boosts to your attributes. In that way you can really boost things like hit points and strength and what not and become a virtual superman. Seems to me you can also boost the shit out of you weapons. From what I recall as long as you use the same element (like say fire) you can just keep adding and adding fire to the weapon until it does outrageous damage. This is how I eventually easily defeated things like dragons (the big ones) and iron golums. (The toughest creatures in the game)