IGNORED

How would you make a sound effects tool?

Random Terrain

Right now if you want to experiment with sound effects, you have to write the code and run it in an emulator. But what if you had a tool where you could select channel, volume, tone, and frequency and set up loops and things by clicking on a few buttons and then run a preview of it in your favorite emulator without needing to write any code? Then when you are happy with a sound effect, the tool would give you the code.

I haven't messed with sound effects that much, so for those of you who have, what options and things would a tool like that need to create cool sound effects?

Thanks.

Right now if you want to experiment with sound effects, you have to write the code and run it in an emulator. But what if you had a tool where you could select channel, volume, tone, and frequency and set up loops and things by clicking on a few buttons and then run a preview of it in your favorite emulator without needing to write any code? Then when you are happy with a sound effect, the tool would give you the code.

I haven't messed with sound effects that much, so for those of you who have, what options and things would a tool like that need to create cool sound effects?

Thanks.

I think someone did just that with bB......hold on......yep.....see if this is useful for you.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=107249

Thanks.

I think someone did just that with bB......hold on......yep.....see if this is useful for you.

Thanks. Yeah, I already made a program like that. It's called Tone Toy:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77106

And Atarius Maximus improved the look of it, but his version got rid of the fast sound looping when you hold the joystick left or right. I was wondering what should be included in a tool that runs on the PC that sends code to the emulator, but now that you have me looking back at my Tone Toy, maybe I could make a new version. In my old version, you can hold the joystick left or right to get a quick loop through the sound or hold down the fire button for a slow loop. Maybe now I can adjust it limit the loop between two numbers and maybe even have steps, like step 2, step 3 and so on. I guess this will be my first bB program for 2008.

Thanks.

Thanks. Yeah, I already made a program like that. It's called Tone Toy:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77106

And Atarius Maximus improved the look of it, but his version got rid of the fast sound looping when you hold the joystick left or right. I was wondering what should be included in a tool that runs on the PC that sends code to the emulator, but now that you have me looking back at my Tone Toy, maybe I could make a new version. In my old version, you can hold the joystick left or right to get a quick loop through the sound or hold down the fire button for a slow loop. Maybe now I can adjust it limit the loop between two numbers and maybe even have steps, like step 2, step 3 and so on. I guess this will be my first bB program for 2008.

Perhaps code it using the keypad controllers so you can have a lot of buttons for a lot of features.

I think someone wrote code for those too. Either way....good luck!

Perhaps code it using the keypad controllers so you can have a lot of buttons for a lot of features.

Thanks. I'm kind of extra rusty, so I'll need all of the luck I can get.

Thanks. I'm kind of extra rusty, so I'll need all of the luck I can get.

At least you dont have the pressure of completing Tempest on the 2600. DOH!

(how ever do I get myself into these situations?) :D

Edited by Gorf