IGNORED

JAGUAR-HSC March-B Super Burnout : Germany - IsGoed_35"79

doctorclu

This contest ended March 31, 2008. While the top points are taken, this is now open to general play and maybe one day someone will beat the 0'35"79 time that was made during the contest! For all newcomers, if you play for the first time you'll get an easy point. If you beat the highest score, you get another point.

Super Burnout!

Germany High Speed Track

-Standard difficulty

-All controllers accepted.

-Emulation accepted.

Those are the basics, Have fun!

0'34"29 - Ratko Jovicic (JT50)

0'34"29 - Fred (JT50)

0'35"79 - Isgoed (Reflex Z bike) (AA)

0'35"92 - John Schmude (JT50)

0'36"02 - Gunstar (Reflex Z bike) (AA)

0'36"57 - Punisher 5.0 (Wheels of Terror bike) (AA)

0'37"10 - Lucas Seybold (JT50)

0'37"98 - Kasumi Ninja (Later Entry, Bike unknown) (AA)

0'38"71 - Derek D. Dash (JT50)

0'38"98 - Joshua Parker (JT50)

0'41"47 - Goochman (Reflex Z bike) (AA)

0'41"47 - Doctor Clu (Killing Turtle) (AA)

Edited by kevincal

one specific race with one specific moto ?

Actually thinking of the whole gambit of of race tracks, but on a particular standard bike.

The more tracks you try, the better you do in all of them, the better your overal score.

Just brainstorming at the moment. How is that sounding? Modifications?

Hmm, I don't know.

Maybe like Pocket suggested, one specific bike and one specific race?

This seems to be a popular suggestion. I say it could work for a start since we have six weeks to play this.

Ok guys, name your bike and track. (I feel like the Thunderbirds in Grease talking to the Scorpions for some reason) :P

Going through till Midnight March 31st at 11:59 pm CST....

Super Burnout!

Germany High Speed Track

-Standard difficulty

-All controllers accepted.

-Emulation accepted.

Those are the basics, Have fun!

Doctor Clu-0'51"24

Is it in Racing mode or Record mode?

A long time ago, in record mode I scored (with Punisher):

29"88 (Average time)

28"82 (Best time)

http://removers.free.fr/sbo/seb/DSCN2945.JPG

(my other scores at SBO can be found in this directory ;))

Edited by SebRmv

29"88 (Average time)

28"82 (Best time)

(my other scores at SBO can be found in this directory ;) )

Soooo... :) Take a STANDARD racer, and see if you can do it again for the contest. :D

Good luck.

29"88 (Average time)

28"82 (Best time)

(my other scores at SBO can be found in this directory ;) )

Soooo... :) Take a STANDARD racer, and see if you can do it again for the contest. :D

Good luck.

Yes, I would like to but unfortunately,

I have only my Alpine and a very few games at my home.

The remaining of my Jaguar stuff (including SBO) is packed

and ready for my future move.

• 2 weeks later...
Are there still people playing for the HSC?

Only four or five highscores were submitted for Zoop and Protector, and that after 4 weeks of playtime :(

It all depends on the game. I played Raiden, but my high score was too dismal, compared to others posted, to even bother. Then came Zoop and Protector, which I don't own. Nada. Now is Super Burnout, I have it, Germany is my best track, and you can bet I'll have a screenshot of my best times up soon. I think I have to erase the cart memory though, as I think all the times saved now may be of the Punisher bike...it's all good though, I'm confident in a win for me on this one, even if I have to start from scratch. :cool:

P.S., I think I still have some scores for this game on Jaguar Top Fifty high-score site, if it's still there, but that's based on the honor system, and proof no longer exists.

I'm also assuming this is in record mode, Germany, with any bike of your choosing except the Punisher, correct? If so, some better get back to the drawing board, as my first attempt was 15-20 seconds faster than times that have been posted so far... around 36 seconds.

Edited by Gunstar

O.K., here are my best times for SB Germany, using record mode and the Reflex Z bike. Not my best time ever though, I've got to shoot for this score again found here: http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jaguartop50/germany.html

I think I need to try a different bike...

post-149-1204575247_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gunstar

Are there still people playing for the HSC?

Only four or five highscores were submitted for Zoop and Protector, and that after 4 weeks of playtime :(

I'm happy with my four to five players. :) I hope we get more, but the Jaguar has a lot less flexibility for getting players than other Atari systems (Fewer emulators, hardly any run smoothly, no cheap-ish rom loader solution, etc) So four to five... not bad.

BTW Gunstar, you are correct, all bikes can be used EXCEPT the Punisher bike (Sorry Punisher5.0) :P

Nice score BTW!

Reflex Z bike

Best time 41"47

Cut every corner super tight and stay off the dirt, you can cut that time down to mine! On the main tight u-turn that goes up a hill, cut it inside tight, but let off the throttle going into it and wait until you start coming out of it before hitting the throttle again, do that right and you'll ride the red&white stripes on the inside going in to the turn, and the outside red&white stripes coming out. You can shave 5 seconds off on that turn alone if you master it, it's the main trick of this track. You'll know you mastered it if you do all that, and coming out of the turn your speed doesn't fall below 124 mph.

Edited by Gunstar

• 2 weeks later...
Reflex Z bike

Best time 41"47

Cut every corner super tight and stay off the dirt, you can cut that time down to mine! On the main tight u-turn that goes up a hill, cut it inside tight, but let off the throttle going into it and wait until you start coming out of it before hitting the throttle again, do that right and you'll ride the red&white stripes on the inside going in to the turn, and the outside red&white stripes coming out. You can shave 5 seconds off on that turn alone if you master it, it's the main trick of this track. You'll know you mastered it if you do all that, and coming out of the turn your speed doesn't fall below 124 mph.

What type of bike did you use?

BTW Gunstar, you are correct, all bikes can be used EXCEPT the Punisher bike (Sorry Punisher5.0) :P

lol...bogus

I got 38"50 with Wheels of Terror

The Reflex Z is the best all around bike (besides the cheat Punisher of course) I've found, at least until you've really mastered all the tracks and know them by heart. The Wheels of Terror bike can only get better times (due to it's lack of grip) if you have mastered it and the tracks and know exactly where to cut in on the turns and let off the acclerator and vice versa. My 31"10 score, at the link I posted above, on the Jaguar Top 50, IIRC, was actually done with the Wheels of Terror bike, but that was years ago when I was playing this game almost daily and at the top of my game. I tried to do better than my 36"02 by using the WOT bike, but am just not as good with it as I used to be. I got similiar scores to your 38 seconds. You might want to try with the Reflex Z.

Reflex Z bike

Best time 41"47

What type of bike did you use?

The Reflex Z, like I said in my score picture post and in the post right above.

Edited by Gunstar

one specific race with one specific moto ?

Actually thinking of the whole gambit of of race tracks, but on a particular standard bike.

The more tracks you try, the better you do in all of them, the better your overal score.

Just brainstorming at the moment. How is that sounding? Modifications?

There's no "standard" bike, you have to choose one. Just choose the one with which you can do the best. Also, there's no level of difficulty in record mode, only if you actually race. Or that is, whatever difficulty setting it's on makes no difference in record mode becuase difficulty only determines the A.I. racers. But the "middle" bike between the slowest and fastest is the Reflex Z, but the others factors of grip and acceleration rate are all different too. If you want a "standard" bike for the contest, then we should start over and everyone punch in the code for the Punisher bike since it has the best of everything. All other bikes are good or bad in different areas.

Edited by Gunstar

The Reflex Z is the best all around bike (besides the cheat Punisher of course) I've found, at least until you've really mastered all the tracks and know them by heart. The Wheels of Terror bike can only get better times (due to it's lack of grip) if you have mastered it and the tracks and know exactly where to cut in on the turns and let off the acclerator and vice versa. My 31"10 score, at the link I posted above, on the Jaguar Top 50, IIRC, was actually done with the Wheels of Terror bike, but that was years ago when I was playing this game almost daily and at the top of my game. I tried to do better than my 36"02 by using the WOT bike, but am just not as good with it as I used to be. I got similiar scores to your 38 seconds. You might want to try with the Reflex Z.

Man your time has got to be around the max for that bike. I went back to the Relfex Z and I'm pretty close to your time. The best I got so far is a 36"57. The only thing that keeps holding me up is that wicked U turn with the hill. Sometimes I can exit it at 125 mph but I'm usually at 121.

(snip) The best I got so far is a 36"57.

Updated that. So yet, I need to try to beat my 51 second time before this week is over. :D

So this contest is good till Monday, so give it your best everyone!

Doctor Clu-0'41"47 (Killing Turtle)

Yeh I tried the Reflex Z bike, got about 46 seconds... which beat the 51 second time. Tried the Killing Turtle Bike and that, while slow acceleration was a lot of fun.

Will try a few times before this is over.

Edited by doctorclu