IGNORED

Another NATIVE question

Atari_Owl

Hi guys,

umm, another NATIVE question.

I recently got the NATIVE demo that came with Protector SE.

I'm in the UK and when i tried it out on my PAL Jaguar it flickered all over the place and looked awful.

Anyway, i got a cheap NTSC jaguar just the other day, and figuring that perhaps it was only suitable for NTSC tried NATIVE with that.

It was just as unusable.

I'm sure the NTSC jag is working fine cause the big black border at the bottom of Protectoir vanished, but NATIVE is still wrong.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers.

Native runs always in 60Hz. Even when you have a PAL Jaguar. Most PAL TVs can't sync on a 60Hz RF signal, thats why the image is flickering. Best is to use a SCART-RGB cable to connect your Jaguar to your TV. Most PAL televisions display a 60Hz RGB signal correctly. And the image quality is much better than RF.

Robert

I downloaded NATIVE with JUGS on two different NTSC Jags, with 4 different tv's hooked up, new and old, and I always had problems with the color on this game. Everything was basically always black&white, with strange rainbow colored "flickering" on bright areas and occasional color "pop-on" for an instant every so often. I was told that it was because the game is PAL, and even my new (with five years) Sharp '36 inch monitor probably wasn't multisync, but I haven't ever tried anything else in PAL on the TV, so I don't know if it is or not. Never bothered to look for the Tv maual either though...I've heard of others having the same problem, but I've also heard of others not having a problem, so wh :roll: o knows?

I've played several different versions of native on several TV's and through CD loading and loading with BJL, JUGS, and Alpine boards it always has a flickering of the color on a TV with composite or R/F. S-Video is much better. On RGB it's rock solid. I always heard it was in PAL, so I'm not sure what's up.

The reason for this is because they used a non-standard video setup routine.  It has been fixed in later versions (from what I've heard) and new version of Native will have it corrected as well.

-Garvin

I knew the video setup was a bit wonky, as I had to make special provisions in the BS cart portion of JUGS to insure the switch to their modes would work. I didn't realize they were the reason for the colors though.