IGNORED

Berzerk Voice Enhanced at CGE2K2

Albert

Thanks to everyone that showed up for Berzerk! It was great meeting you all. I just got back, so I can answer some of the questions posted since the show:

1. Continue to sell after the show?

Albert has been advising me on this, and we'll figure out how to do it for those that missed out.

2. Will the ROM be released?

I intend to do it, but to respect some requests at the show, I might modify the title screen or something else minor to commemorate the show seperately of the wide release. Nothing major at all, mind you. After all, this is Dan Hitchens and Atari's baby, not mine. I just hacked it. So it will be released.

3. Will it work on Cuttle/Emu's?

Z26 and Cuttle will work fine, the others like Stella and PCAE seem not to work. As I told people at the show, Eckhard deserves a lot of credit because he was the first to do voice in the homebrew scene, and it was his Stella-List posting that inspired the whole thing. He proved it could be done, I just followed his lead.

New questions from other places like private e-mail:

4. My label is peeling!

Well, we applied them on the show floor Saturday morning next to the Hot Dog stand. The climate was weird. If you are having problems, a glue stick does the trick. If you ruin the label, I'll send you new ones. It all sort of came together at the last minute.

5. My cart doesn't work!

E-mail me, and we'll arrange for you to send it back to me and we'll swap it out. I can re-use the specialized internal board to fix it.

6. I just saw Berzerk on Ebay for $1000000.00! It makes me mad!

I'll sell you one for $100, and save you a ton! No, really, we intend to get everyone a copy who wants one. If you are in the bay area, that will be much easier. Shipping is an issue we'll work out. It may be at extra cost, but nothing major.

Thanks to all for the great time! Everyone at the show was very cool and easy going. Kudos to Alex and Albert for working their asses off for all of us, and of course John, Sean and Joe- Who put it all together.

Mike

Scott: You're welcome!

As for Vanguard, I was trying to convince Lee Krueger that he could add voice to any game he wanted to.

If I had the time, I'd like to add it to Gorf, with all of the player rankings between rounds, and maybe turn Jungle Hunt back into Jungle King, and put in the Tarzan yell.

Alas, Berzerk was the perfect candidate. Now I'm back to more original creations! I'll have some brand new games to show soon...

Mike