IGNORED

R@RE Atari 2600 Boxes, LOL

Psionic

Ehh, it is not the biggest rip off on the planet. The seller might see some action if he lowered it by $1,500. There is the Sunrise Quest for Quintana roo and a couple of 5's and quite of few rarity 4's but not enough to justify paying and average of almost $30 a box.

I hope you don´t screw up/down this auction with your comment...... :D

Ehh, it is not the biggest rip off on the planet. The seller might see some action if he lowered it by $1,500. There is the Sunrise Quest for Quintana roo and a couple of 5's and quite of few rarity 4's but not enough to justify paying and average of almost $30 a box.

You do realize these are boxes and manuals only (no games), right? :?: :ponder:

I don't know why you guys are ripping on this auction, it has a "Best Offer" option. :?

The price is only 1/2 the funny.

The rest of the funny is in quotes like this one:

STAR FOX? BY MYTHICON DOUBTFUL THERE'S ANOTHER BOX OUT THERE... EVEN THE GUYS AT MYTHICON THREW THEIR EXCESS STOCK OUT BY THE TIME SEGA CAME OUT WITH GENESIS. AND HOW ABOUT THUNDERGROUND? THAT'S ANOTHER ONE BOOSTING THE RARITY SCALE IT MAY BE THE ONLY ONE ALIVE.

Stats like this are worth noting for box collectors though:

THESE ARE ULTRA RARE! 99.9 PERCENT OF PEOPLE THOUGHT THEY WERE GARBAGE EXCEPT YOURS TRULY

You do realize these are boxes and manuals only (no games), right? :?: :ponder:

Oh, that changes everything. I only saw the boxes and assumed that there were games as well. You're right the guy is out of his mind.

I've got quite a few game boxes that have original price tags on them, some at original MSRP, others with markdown and budget bin prices. It would be an interesting little side project to start scanning them and make a "look how cheap this game went for in the store" thread. Also, in a couple of used boxed titles I've gotten, the original register receipt was still in the box, showing what the buyer paid and when - a very minor detail, but kind of neat.

I've got quite a few game boxes that have original price tags on them, some at original MSRP, others with markdown and budget bin prices. It would be an interesting little side project to start scanning them and make a "look how cheap this game went for in the store" thread. Also, in a couple of used boxed titles I've gotten, the original register receipt was still in the box, showing what the buyer paid and when - a very minor detail, but kind of neat.

I'd love to have some of the original buyer receipts.....that would be awesome!! Especially for my Pressure Cooker CIB.

Well I have 2 comments on this:

1. Price tags are funny(as I look at my CIB room of Doom that has a .99 sticker on it.) and I think if I had been in that store 20 + years ago. I also bougtht a lot of Odyssey 1 stuff last year and the guy I bought it from had kept coorespondence between him and Magnavox over a missing set of game pieces. Letters from him to them, letters from them to him apologizing and a ziplock bag from Magnavox that is labeled and contained the missing pieces. Even a hand written letter of apology. I had to laugh. Thats OCD

2. Holy pictures batman......

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Edited by brucebidder

Its the last one !!! Dammit, I'd better throw all three of mine out, I guess I should'nt have them... and they are such cute little boxes too... oh well, let me get these into the trash asap before somebody finds out.

Curt

You'd better hurry up and grab these...that Star Fox box by Mythicon might be the last one left in the world.

A bargain at only $2499.99. :!: :lolblue:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140210414713