IGNORED

Expensive INTELLIVISION GAME for sale!

BuddyBuddies

The box is super rare. There was a small find of sealed in the bag carts with manuals years ago but those seem to have dried up too. I think this game has sold for over $1000 in the past.

y-bot

True fact, I saw a boxed one sell for just over a grand about a year ago. I contacted the second bidder

who was happy to buy mine for 1000.00

About 4-5 years ago I could have bought this for $125 complete. I saw it on eBay and at the time was thinking that it was just too much money. Boy was I wrong about that.

You can get a reproduction box at the link below for a lot less.

http://www.beeslife.com/intvgames/boxes/boxes.php

I wonder if this guy realizes that Intellivision is still actively owned by the former programmers. And if they wanted to they could have him arrested for selling pirated stuff. :ponder:

The scammer would take their loose one and put it in a repro box and not say anything- the repro boxes are really good.

I'm happy I bought mine from Radio Shack in 1999 before they ran out of Telegames stock. I still need the box for Learning Fun I to get a complete in box collection. I might need the instructions for Mountain Madness skiing and the Super Pro System.

The scammer would take their loose one and put it in a repro box and not say anything- the repro boxes are really good.

I'm happy I bought mine from Radio Shack in 1999 before they ran out of Telegames stock. I still need the box for Learning Fun I to get a complete in box collection. I might need the instructions for Mountain Madness skiing and the Super Pro System.

The sad thing is that I have a feeling that Intellivision is about to be flooded with repo's being passed off as new. The Atari 2600 market has already learned the hard way about scammers. A good example is how many totally obvious repo jobs are passed off as real. Just look at the Halloween/T.C.M. double ender carts that have been tried to pass off as the real thing. I remember three so far that have been tried to be passed off as real. One guy even said that the cart could be carbon dated to proove authenticity :roll: I am also troubled by the extent that this guy has gone through to make them look like the real deal. I think every Intellivision collector should be worried about this statement. "These boxes are incredible! The feel of the box is just like the 83' boxes and the print quality is beautiful! These are NOT digitally printed." Great, so even up close someone could get scammed. Just wonderful. :x

Edited by homerwannabee

The sad thing is that I have a feeling that Intellivision is about to be flooded with repo's being passed off as new. The Atari 2600 market has already learned the hard way about scammers. A good example is how many totally obvious repo jobs are passed off as real. Just look at the Halloween/T.C.M. double ender carts that have been tried to pass off as the real thing. I remember three so far that have been tried to be passed off as real. One guy even said that the cart could be carbon dated to proove authenticity :roll: I am also troubled by the extent that this guy has gone through to make them look like the real deal. I think every Intellivision collector should be worried about this statement. "These boxes are incredible! The feel of the box is just like the 83' boxes and the print quality is beautiful! These are NOT digitally printed." Great, so even up close someone could get scammed. Just wonderful. :x

I agree this has a high possibility to cause all kinds of problems for collectors.

From what I understand the only markings on the boxs are on the little side tabs so collectors should be very

suspicious of any like new box that is only missing the little tab that folds in under the lid

At least the Congo Bongo box can be spoted as a repro easily if you know what to look for I dont want to mention

it here for fear they may correct it

Also I emailed them asking if they were marked with any repro markings but never got an answer, this always

makes me concerned if I can't get a response before they get my money what chance would I have after they

get it

fnd

Remake boxes should have it printed on the box itself that it is a reproduction.We shouldnt be all so quick to buy these box repros.I would ask if the boxes have anywhere printed that the box is a remake,if not ,forget it,cus some of us will most likely pay big bucks for bogus boxes,and shelling out money for these boxes without checking,just amplifies the problem that it could become for collectors.These boxes are PIRATED in my books,and they can be criminaly charged for the INTV boxes,cus the programmers still own the rights,AFAIK.

Edited by Rik

"THIS AUCTION INCLUDES BOX, MANUEL, AND CARTRIDGE"

Well, there you go, it included a Hispanic gentleman to help out around the house!

I have purchased a Manuel on Ebay before, they are great :)

I dunno, the last Manuel I bought on Ebay scammed me. Didn't wanna do any chores :(