IGNORED

New to Atari Basic wondering where the .asm and hex files are?

TonyA

Hi,

I just downloaded Batari Basic. I'm using Crimson editor as suggested on the batari website. I am wondering where the compiled assembly language file is stored, and where the assembled hex file is?

I have Crimson editor set up as described on the batari website, where the editor automatically compiles the basic code to assembly, and then produces the hex file.

I'm a beginner, but was studying the very basics of 6502 assembly and thought I would give atari basic a try.

Thanks for any help.

Tony

Hi,

I just downloaded Batari Basic. I'm using Crimson editor as suggested on the batari website. I am wondering where the compiled assembly language file is stored, and where the assembled hex file is?

I have Crimson editor set up as described on the batari website, where the editor automatically compiles the basic code to assembly, and then produces the hex file.

I'm a beginner, but was studying the very basics of 6502 assembly and thought I would give atari basic a try.

Thanks for any help.

Tony

Sorry, I found the files. Can the .bin file be burned directly onto an eeprom chip?

Thanks again,

Tony

Yes, you will the the following:

1 15 watt Soldering Iron

1 epprom programmer

1 epprom

1 circuit board

1 2600 cartridge casing (find them anywhere you buy Atari 2600 games)

Thank you.

I have all of those things. I just bought a Willem USB programmer, which is really nice.

I have these eeproms: W27E257 (winbond).

I'll be buying the circuit board and cases here.

*One thing I was wondering is if there is a basic compiler that can be used with the atari 600xl, which can compile my basic code to assembly code?

If so what could I use to transfer the assembly code from the 600xl to my PC?

Thanks again,

Tony

It looks like a motherboard. How do i install it once i get it, do i need to open up my laptop casing?

Thanks,

Open Source Pong

Yeah it looks like a piece of the space shuttle, but all you do is run the cd that comes with it and then plug it into your usb port. It's very easy to use.