IGNORED

The "Make Atari Joe A Star!" Contest...

Atari 7800.com

Joe and I got to talking a few days back and we had thought that maybe it might be a cool idea to redirect some of this creativity that has shown up on the forums into a contest. We threw the idea around a little bit here in the off-topic forum and seemed to get a good response so we decided to go ahead with our little idea.

joestar.gif

Ever since the "I'm a pretty lady!" thread, there have been a lot of postings with pictures of Joe in a movie or a TV show and most of them have been pretty cool. So we are sponsoring the "Make Joe A Star!" contest. To enter, create a digital image (150k or less) of Joe Rivera in your choice of 1.) A movie poster or scene from a motion picture or television program, which will prominently feature Joe. 2.) An Atari game cartridge or box which will feature Joe, or 3.) Joe featured in an product advertisement of any sort, and then submit this image to Joe at atarijoerivera@aol.com

The first-place winner will receive a $25.00 gift certificate from Atari 7800.com for use in the Atari 7800.com On-Line Catalogue, along with an autographed picture of "Atari" Joe Rivera, as well as a 12-pack of Canada Dry ginger ale soft drink, Joe's personal favorite drink of choice. The winner will also receive an "Atari" Joe Rivera t-shirt in the size and style of their choosing, once these items become available. The winner will be hand selected by Joe Rivera himself and will announce the winner here on this very page on October 26, 2002. Prizes will then be given out accordingly.

All of the rules and details of the contest are posted at the contest webpage located at www.atari7800.com/joe/contest.htm and can be viewed at any time. We also have a dedicated page for posting the submitted contest entries up so that everybody may view them and we can keep them off of the Atari Age forums. This page may be accessed at www.atari7800.com/joe/entries.htm Please email me directly if you have any questions regarding the contest, or email Joe with your comments. Thanks!

Best wishes to all,

October 26, 2002.

we only get 3 months to prepare!

Actually the final date for submission is October 15, 2002. So yeah you still get a little over two months! It gives us time to find a way to make the shirts for Joe lol.

Also, I would like to remind everybody that the rules of the contest call for all submissions to be emailed to Joe Rivera at atarijoerivera@aol.com and *NOT* just posted up on the forums, so if you want to have a valid entry, send it to Joe that way your entry will be posted and wont be disqualified. We have a page for posting the entries so that everybody can view these works all in one page, rather than taking up space here on the forums.

Good luck to everyone!

boy you guys sent in some real slick entrys. i got 2 entrys right now they are one from king atari of double joe and then the doom one from the skaterpunk60 and they both look FANTASTIC! you can see them pictures at www.atari7800.com/joe/entries.htm and then also some of mine to. i dont know bout 2 and 3 place winners but i think i can send an picture of me with my name on it like a world class celebrity or also maybe a tshirt of me but i dont know yet we have to see how many people play in the contest and if there are lots then we might do that and we might not. thank you everybody for your glorious entrys! thanx joe.

hey i got a new rule i just made cause i am confused on things but its really 2 rules. skatepunk made a AWESOME game but i dont know if it wolfenstine or the doom so i named it wolfenjoe cause its got me in the game. so when you send me your picture you gotta send your name and your name on atari age and then a name of the picture or whatever you want to call it. cause i dont know what to call them thanx joe.

i got some big pitcures up on a page so everybody who wants to enter in my glorious contest can use the pictures to make me a star in their pictures. there are 6 of them ore maybe 9 but they are on the page at www.atari7800.com/joe/highrez.htm and you can use them if you want to or not it wont matter its all okay in the rules. GOOD LUCK TO ALL MY FABULOUS FANS!!! and watch espn extreem games 8 thanx joe.

hi this is your captain speaking. i got in lots of fabulous pictures today and boy let me tell you they are SWEET! if you are looiking to have a good time get yourself in my glorious contest and have FUN! and so i got lots of entrys in and they look great and they are up on the page b ut some of them i gotta put up later. king atari been making LOTS of entrys and his are nice but then so did trey and skatepunk60 and some others. also there are big pictures of me up now for everyone to use. also there dont need to always be movie posters of me they can be from advertisements for things and also on game cartridges and then so also on tv like on larry knig and all them shows. good luck to all my fans thanx joe.