IGNORED

Need stuff for my 2600...

Sauron

I just dug my 2600 out of the closet, and I'm wanting to fire it up again for the first time in over a decade. However, I soon realized that I'm missing a few things, like an AC adapter and controllers (joystick and paddles). Anybody know where I can find these for cheap? Ebay is not a correct answer, as I have yet to find anything on there for a reasonable price. I just want these to see if my 2600 still even works...if it doesn't, I'll probably be in the market for the console itself, too. Any help on this would warrant my undying gratitude. Thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by Sauron:

I just dug my 2600 out of the closet, and I'm wanting to fire it up again for the first time in over a decade. However, I soon realized that I'm missing a few things, like an AC adapter and controllers (joystick and paddles). Anybody know where I can find these for cheap? Ebay is not a correct answer, as I have yet to find anything on there for a reasonable price. I just want these to see if my 2600 still even works...if it doesn't, I'll probably be in the market for the console itself, too. Any help on this would warrant my undying gratitude. Thanks!

If you're in immediate need of a 2600 joystick, stop at a Funcoland or Gamestop and pick up a cheap Sega Genesis or Sega Master System controller or joystick. They will work, but that's not the way the games were intended to be played.

The adapters are quite easy to find. Like Skatepunk said, Radio Shack is the place for that.