IGNORED

OFF YOUR ROCKER PROTO eBay Auction Disappeared?

JustJeff2

Probably pulled by eBay. This has been happening often lately...I think someone's been busy reporting proto auctions. :roll:

Would these be the same people who report proto auctions, get them "officially" pulled, and then contact the buyer privately to make a "gee whiz, don't eBay suck!" pity sale? :ponder:

Probably pulled by eBay. This has been happening often lately...I think someone's been busy reporting proto auctions. :roll:

Would these be the same people who report proto auctions, get them "officially" pulled, and then contact the buyer privately to make a "gee whiz, don't eBay suck!" pity sale? :ponder:

Yup! Exactly. I dunno...obviously I can't prove anything about anybody, but it just seems to me that almost all Atari protos are getting pulled lately, often within hours of them being listed.

Yup! Exactly. I dunno...obviously I can't prove anything about anybody, but it just seems to me that almost all Atari protos are getting pulled lately, often within hours of them being listed.

I hate to say it, but anyone that actually spends their TIME reporting stuff to eBay left and right needs to find a new hobby.

You think?

It takes a pretty big loser to do side deals to begin with, but to do that would be the ultimate I think. It wouldn't surprise me though. Especially if the side dealer were just doing it just to turn around and resell.

Unfortunately this has been going on alot lately. Your best bet is to contact the seller if you can and see what happened. All it takes is a jerk to report it falsely and ebay to pull it no questions asked. The sad part is people get away with auctions like this:

Atari 2600 game Intellivision NES Nintendo Sega Sony

but someone reports a legitimate auction for a proto and ties the hands of a seller. If and when I see this happen I try to get the seller to post it somewhere like here at AA where they don't have to adhere to the ebay machine. Unfortunately most of the time by the time I get to the seller the jerk who did it has bought the item for next to nothing....

Bruce

Unfortunately this has been going on alot lately. Your best bet is to contact the seller if you can and see what happened. All it takes is a jerk to report it falsely and ebay to pull it no questions asked. The sad part is people get away with auctions like this:

but someone reports a legitimate auction for a proto and ties the hands of a seller. If and when I see this happen I try to get the seller to post it somewhere like here at AA where they don't have to adhere to the ebay machine. Unfortunately most of the time by the time I get to the seller the jerk who did it has bought the item for next to nothing....

Bruce

Bruce-- do you think the cart in the pic is authentic? The hand writing on the label (the r's) looks like the same as the only other pic I know of, but the missing Copyright by Amiga makes me wonder...

Bruce-- do you think the cart in the pic is authentic? The hand writing on the label (the r's) looks like the same as the only other pic I know of, but the missing Copyright by Amiga makes me wonder...

Those carts are not true "prototypes" in the traditional sense. They were carts that were manufactured for retail but never sold. They were purchased from Amiga and sold by Pleasant Valley Video in the 1980's, so there may be some variation to the (hand-written) label.

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/o...fyourrocker.htm

Bruce

As Blue Jeans said these games are not true protos. It was actually a game designed and burned into cart form but due to financing AMiga could not pay for the labels and after several business deals and years later a different company slapped a handwritten label on them and sold them. So as far as this game goes your better to think of it as a limited release cart than a true proto. Still a nice little piece of history. :cool: