IGNORED

Anyone have the TI-99/4A adventure games on CD or MP3?

Give a look here. ;)

Cool! Thanks for the link. Not sure how I missed that thread.

I used that wav2fiad program last week and didn't have much luck. My wife found a very old tape she had put some BASIC programs on and I wasn't able to retrieve much off of it and I recorded the wavs through very good audio equipment. Just got tons of errors. :(

I did manage one time to get a single fiad out of it but there were errors across the reset of it so I have no idea how valid that fiad file is yet.

Does MESS support .fiad? If not I may have to get crackin'! :)

~telengard

After working with that CS1ER program(wow is that horribly made), WAV files can indeed be written. The "questprobe" games that are on that zip file with the Scott Adams series don't work. I never knew of any port of the Spiderman & The Hulk to the Scott Adams format. They were graphical text adventures on other systems.

As soon as I have some free time, I'm gonna convert 'em all to WAV and upload them since the CS1er program is such a hassle.

The "questprobe" games that are on that zip file with the Scott Adams series don't work. I never knew of any port of the Spiderman & The Hulk to the Scott Adams format.

These aren't part of the graphic Questprobe line, they are part of this line.

I'll check on the ones that CS1ER won't load. Odd as I thought I had run through all of them. I should have the disks in any case.

Edited by remowilliams

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't look like the archive in that link includes "Return to Pirate's Island". This adventure was exclusive for the TI-99, and the ports to the "Scott Free" format (available on the interactive fiction archive) do not appear to have any graphics, which were supposedly in the original TI-99 version. Does anyone know where a TI-99 tape image or something is available for this adventure?

Marco.

Edited by Ocram

Does anyone know where a TI-99 tape image or something is available for this adventure?

There is no tape image, just the command module. You can use the ROMs below with MESS, which does a darn good job of emulating the TI99/4A.

Return_to_Pirate__s_Isle__1983__Texas_Instruments___Adventure_International__Part_1_of_2__PHM_3189_.zipReturn_to_Pirate__s_Isle__1983__Texas_Instruments___Adventure_International__Part_2_of_2__PHM_3189_.zip

Wow! Thanks!

I have an emulator specific for the TI-99/4A somewhere in my archives. Never tried MESS, though. Is it pretty reliable? Not just for the TI-99, but also for other systems I occasionally need to emulate, like the Oric Atmos, BBC Micro, TRS-80, and so on. I play a lot of old text adventures, and occasionally I come across some that were never released on the Spectrum, C64, and Apple II.

Marco.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I have to ask:

Was everyone able to successfully convert all the files inside the ZIP to WAV?

I was able to convert all with the exception of: BUCKY, HULK, LOAD, and SPIDEY.

Each of the files above give me an error "Error with file selected. Please ensure file is valid Wav or FIAD file."

I'm not complaining - I'm psyched to have all the games I have now! I'd just love to give these other ones a chance if possible.

Best regards,

Tremoloman

post-11172-0-17799400-1319107860_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...