IGNORED

Attention HSC moderators!

Colecovision players can also participate couldn't they? They have a 2600 adapter right???

Ok, so are we good with the time frame or do we want to do less than a month as previously suggested.

Also, how do we want to handle the scoring, I vote for total cumulative.

yeah you can use the adaptor but you would be playing the 2600 version. Wouldn't you consider that part of the 2600 HSC.

yes but anybody that doesn't have a 2600 could participate at least. I was just thinking of ideas to gain as much participation as possible.

SCORE!

Just happened to stop by an indoor flea market today to see if anyone had Atari stuff, and two vendors had about 50 games between them. All of the games were 2600's except for one... Mrs. Pac-Man for the 7800!!

I also picked up Joust 2600, Kaboom, Defender, and a 7800 Controller all for $14.00... but, obviously Mrs. Pac-Mac is the item most relevant to this competition. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is voting for stuff still open? I still think it should be a month. You could run another high score thread during the month, after giving this, say, a week or two on it's own, but in order to give everyone a chance to contribute, I think a month would be good. I'm pretty sure the 5200 players are going to need at least that much time to order, pay for, and receive a new controller to play it with, and the NES players will need that much time to learn how to play real videogames. :P

and if my counting is correct.

The HSC will start on 4-01, run for one month and the scoring will be straight cumulative scoring.

It will be the moderators choice to run a separate HSC within their respected systems HSC if they choose, I happen to like the idea of running a separate HSC two weeks after the start of the Ms. Pac-man mega HSC.

and if my counting is correct.

The HSC will start on 4-01, run for one month and the scoring will be straight cumulative scoring.

It will be the moderators choice to run a separate HSC within their respected systems HSC if they choose, I happen to like the idea of running a separate HSC two weeks after the start of the Ms. Pac-man mega HSC.

Still think a month is fine.

#2, So far for participating HSC's we have.

Atari 2600

Uhh... okay, I just found out about this today :? . Not sure how I missed it, as I usually check in on this forum... but have you actually talked to the other HSC mod's to confirm them?

In any case, I'm all in favor of this competition, so consider me on board.

Lets now vote on time frame, 1 week, 2 weeks, or 1 month.

My vote would be for 2 weeks, but I haven't really kept track of what goes on in the other HSC's, so if a month works better for you guys, I'm flexible... though I'll likely keep this as a separate event and still have my regular weekly HSC's going. I think my audience would get a little frustrated having only one game for all of April.

Lets now vote on scoring, total cumulative, average of all scores, or the average of participants that equal the total number of the lowest participating HSC. phew.

This is where things are going to get difficult. Looking on Twin Galaxies, it seems like most of the versions we're talking about have more or less the same scoring... but I think it's safe to say that the 2600 side is going to get better turnout than the Jaguar side, so total cumulative score would definitely not be very fair.

I think maybe the best option would be to have a final results thread that would show several different score comparisons... you could even have all the scores for all the HSC's all in one list, with the system noted next to them.

Colecovision players can also participate couldn't they? They have a 2600 adapter right???
yeah you can use the adaptor but you would be playing the 2600 version. Wouldn't you consider that part of the 2600 HSC.
yes but anybody that doesn't have a 2600 could participate at least. I was just thinking of ideas to gain as much participation as possible.

I've always been open to people playing on ColecoVision, Intellivision, or 5200 with an adapter, as well as Gemini's, SVA's, 7800's, etc.

--Zero

How's the scoring work in the Jag one anyway? Is it close? I imagine most Pac games have very similar scoring.

Not sure about the Jag, but the 2600, 5200, 7800, and Lynx all have the same scoring.

#2, So far for participating HSC's we have.

Atari 2600

Lets now vote on time frame, 1 week, 2 weeks, or 1 month.

My vote would be for 2 weeks, but I haven't really kept track of what goes on in the other HSC's, so if a month works better for you guys, I'm flexible... though I'll likely keep this as a separate event and still have my regular weekly HSC's going. I think my audience would get a little frustrated having only one game for all of April.

Lets now vote on scoring, total cumulative, average of all scores, or the average of participants that equal the total number of the lowest participating HSC. phew.

This is where things are going to get difficult. Looking on Twin Galaxies, it seems like most of the versions we're talking about have more or less the same scoring... but I think it's safe to say that the 2600 side is going to get better turnout than the Jaguar side, so total cumulative score would definitely not be very fair.

I think maybe the best option would be to have a final results thread that would show several different score comparisons... you could even have all the scores for all the HSC's all in one list, with the system noted next to them.

--Zero

I know that I don't want the 2600 HSC to be interrupted. I'm perfectly capable of playing the 7800 Ms. Pac Man at home and playing whatever 2600 game while I'm at work. I fully expect the 2600 to win, so I'm playing the 7800 version instead.

Interesting thought about the scoring. Why does it have to be displayed in just one way? This is just for fun.

Dont have time to go through the whole thread - I think monthly is better since some folks are playing the 2600/800/5200'Jag HSC's - 1 month will give them time to work on a score for this vs the other 4 or so they are playing.

Is it Ms Pac Man starting 4/1?

it would be better if someone could PM me the final details as I dont get into the forum much - 8bit HSC on board for once a month.

BUMP.

So, is this still starting tomorrow? Haven't heard anything about this lately.

The Lynx group has set up the thread, and the Jaguar one will there very soon. I'm sure the others will be onboard soon as well.