IGNORED

Going Up - Starpath

Foxsolo2000

Recently heard about this game and wondered if anyone had any more information on it? I had always thought SWEAT was the only prototype that Starpath had never released, are there others? ;)

Wasn't Survival Island proto also?

I always thought it was a legit release? Mind you it is so damn hard it wouldn't surprise me ;)

Survival Island was indeed a legit release. I haven't seen the database photo, but I have seen it in person. It came on a white cassette with the typical Starpath font on white labels. I don't recall if it had a side B label. It was shipped with either a green or blue colored instruction book. I was very young when I saw this, so I can't remember if Sword of Saros's book was blue and Survival Island's was green or if it was the other way 'round. Both manuals were the same size and shape as the rest of my Starpath manuals. Neither had any artwork whatsoever packed in with them.

The PAL Survival Island may be proto and may be harder than the NTSC release. The NTSC release is not hard to complete provided the player has a LOT of patience and is willing to draw themselves a map. Stage 3 is by far the easiest part of the game, and even the map is simple to draw.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some scans of the SOS and SI

NOTE the cassette case inserts were printed by me they were never released with an insert, just the cassette, Insturctions and

clear plastic case. These were from my collection but have since been sold. Also these were NTSC examples and I am 99% sure

all examples have the PAL in the top corner even when they are NTSC, They also do have a side B

surisl1.jpg

swdsar1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...