IGNORED

Wow! Inexpensive Turbografx16 system on ebay!

Adrian M

quote:

Originally posted by Lemmi:

wow $1 is cheap, where is the buy it now for $5

just kidding

i already have 2 TG16 systems (1 boxed), im looking for some more games now cause 12 just dont cut it

Actually, I already have a PC Engine that I've owned since 1989 and this was just something I came across really cheap at a Funcoland. I don't really need it and I'd rather that someone else can take it off my hands who will use it or cherish it.

Not really, but some are known to take somethings and place them out on the floor for selling

like today, i actually found 3 NES games with manuals in them (this is a first in about 4 years) and i got a super mario bros 3 boxed with manual (i almost passed out on this one)

and the guy at funcoland told me they are starting to save the NES manuals now cause alot of people are asking for them, and the guy told me they used to throw them out ALL THE TIME

now im kicking myself for not dumpster diving in funcolands trash

[ 03-24-2002: Message edited by: Lemmi ]

quote:

Originally posted by Atari Master:

I'll wait and see if anyone bids on it.And mabe i'll get it if it dosent go to high.

So Funcoland sells other stuff besides NES and up?

Yes. Certain Funcolands seem to have wildly varying items. There's one that I frequent that has just the usual NES, SNES, Genesis, XBOX, etc games. Another one nearby carries the usual stuff, plus some common Saturn, Sega CD, and even some TG,Intellivision and Atari 2600 carts on occassion. Of course, finding the latter stuff is rare. It's all a matter of timing and luck to get some of the rarer stuff, but some locations do accept older stuff which they gladly sell for reasonable prices.

quote:

Originally posted by Atari Master:

Well, my nearest one is about 130 miles away or somthing.What about babbages?

Babbages/PlanetX/Gamestop (all part of the same chain) are kind of similar. Why you ask? Well, I've seen used Sega Saturn SYSTEMS with 10 games for $60 at a local PlanetX. I've seen a top loader NES at a Babbages in a mall in Nashua NH last month. I've seen a Sega Master System (and some games) packaged together in a Gamestop across town. It all varies.

I've noticed that some of these stores now have a "we need" white board at the front of the store where they mark which games they need and how much they'll pay for them. Every store seems to need NES systems for some reason (they usually retail for $54 with a controller and game). Sometimes they are in huge demand for Dragon Warrior III and IV for NES. It all depends on the location and what type of gaming clientele they get at that store.

• 2 weeks later...

The A**HOLE that won my auction is being mysteriously silent when it comes to paying. If anyone was interested in this, I am looking for $30 plus about $10 shipping for this system. The system is in excellent shape both functionally and cosmetically.

If there are no takers, then I will repost on ebay.

quote:

Originally posted by liquid_sky:

No promises here, but ive got a friend who was talkin bout the tg-16 friday night and how he misses his.. ill give him a call tommarrow and see if hes interested

Thanks Liquid. I know I'll sell it as there was quite a bit of interest in the auction. I'd just like to make sure that the interested personal actually comes through at the conclusion of the transaction. Let me know what your friend says.