IGNORED

Whats new on the Horizon for 7800 ?

atarian63

I was wondering the same question. I'm glad to see that the homebrew scene has picked up, although from the current selection the only ones that match my tastes are Bonq and Pac-Man Collection. Is Frogger going to be completed this year? What other homebrew games are on the horizon? I feel the 7800 is an under-utilized platform given the library of games that were released for it, I'm curious to see what amazing things programmers could do today with the 7800, just like the cool homebrews that we've seen on the 2600. :)

A 7800 Frogger would be sweet i think also i would like to see another collection maybe a Donkey Kong with better sounds and the missing levels and you could have DK3 on it as well.

A dream for sure but cool ideal i think also how about Zoo Keeper or Wizard of Wor seeing a port to the 7800 just some more dreaming i guess. :)

While we're on the topic of wish lists :) I would like to see a completed Frogger (and maybe a Frogger 2 down the line), other arcade classics like Popeye and Zaxxon. And although any aren't coming to mind, I'd like to see more side scrolling platformers like Scrapyard Dog, not sure if any can be easily ported.

I remembered Gorf mentioning about Pac-man plus helping to do Zaxxon. It could be a while though. He was other projects for other systems

Kenfused has mentioned in his blog that he is considering what his next project will be. His blog he is leaning towards another 7800 game. The blog said he is looking at Super Pac-man, or scrolling Platform game for the 7800. The blog also mentions his other options are Qix on the 7800 or do some more 8-bit computer to 5200 conversions.

That blog entry sounded like it may take while for him to do another project.

Edited by 8th lutz

Kenfused has mentioned in his blog that he is considering what his next project will be. His blog he is leaning towards another 7800 game. The blog said he is looking at Super Pac-man, or scrolling Platform game for the 7800. The blog also mentions his other options are Qix on the 7800 or do some more 8-bit computer to 5200 conversions.

That blog entry sounded like it may take while for him to do another project.

Easter is getting closer! If anyone needs something to do there area couple of easter egg hunting tips in that blog entry too ;)

Id like an arcadegame that hasnt been done on another console...

I want Liberator.

And if I knew how to program, it'd be out already :)

It exists (or did at one point anyway), we just need to find it. It would have been an Atari 8-bit game though, not 7800.

Tempest