IGNORED

Games Trak-Ball CX-80

ascrnet

Hello everyone

That game compatible with the trak-ball cx-80

post-11721-1205638940_thumb.jpg

For the series ATARI XL.-XE, or applications that also use this control.

Those who really support this is:

Missile Command

Missile Command +

There are more or unique?

Hello Jan

It's possible. I know the guy who wrote the article and I even translated it years ago for the ABBUC.

If I can find the article I might even be so kind as to translate it into English. :D

Greetings

Mathy

Well Mathy, you made me very curious about this so I pulled out my trackball schematics. Turns out both the STM1 mouse and CX80 use a LM339 to read the disc encoders. The CX80 has a few flip flops and other components to mimic a joystick but they can be ignored for this purpose. All you have to do is match up a joystick cable to the right pins on the LM339 and you have a STM1 compatible trackball! I think it would be best to add a female DB9 to the CX80 and use a joystick extension cable when you want to use the cx80 for the "mouse functions" that way you can still keep the original functionality of the trackball. This looks lik might be a fun mod and I just picked up a CX80 at Goodwill for $4.00 a couple of week ago. :D

Err well,

simply read (or better download from) my other topic I started here at atari-age:

Controller Games...

which is for games that require or support certain types of controllers (other than joystick).

Of course as always, my collection of non-standard controller games uploaded there is far from complete, so anyone who has something in his collection, feel free to update / upload... greetings, Andreas Koch.

P.S.: I would transfer a trackball into an ST-compatible mouse, since all trackball games are also available for mouse... (but most mouse games are NOT available for trackball)...