IGNORED

What classic gaming system do you take on trips?

On the last couple of family road trips I've taken the Xbox (which is loaded up with emulators) and hooked it up in the wife's van. I ran the video to the flip-down screen and plugged the Xbox in with one of those power converters.

Now that the boy and I both have DSes, I suspect we'll just take those next time around.

I just bring my DS, with which I use Datel's Games 'n Music card. It uses interchangeable microSD cards -- not a bad deal for $20. I load emulators on them... granted, most DLDI-patched emulators specifically written for the DS are still in their infancy, but some work.

And they said you couldn't play original Game Boy games on your DS... well, now you can! Some of the more advanced games like Donkey Kong '94 work on it, albeit with some video flicker.

From what I heard, Datel recalled this accessory because one of the built-in mini-games had inappropriate pictures in them, or something... All of the mini-games were ASS just as I expected, but of course I didn't buy it for that reason. Some of these are still floating around at Wal-Marts across America, right next to the DS Action Replay. Might wanna pick one up, before they vanish. Nintendo would sh!t their collective pants if they knew what we could use these for... ;)

Edited by DrLove0378

last week I headed out to CA for some training and took my gamecube. I picked up a couple games for it while I was out, but I don't really care for that system overall and took it primarily for the gameboy player (because I do like gba). Naturally I also took my gameboy micro for the plane.

My Laptop.... I have all my emulators for MAME, MESS, and whatever you can think of on there.

It actually makes a good conversation starter if you have someone sitting next to you. I've taught several people what an emulator is, and how to load them onto their PC. They have a blast with it.

The ladies even dig it too!

DS with games but I mostly use it for the NES games in emulation while traveling. I don't usually take laptops while on trips but the eeePC is small enough to pack with no problems. I have an Atari 2600 and an Atari 800 emu on there to keep me busy.