IGNORED

Mario Karts Wii review

mimo

• 4 weeks later...
I don't have anyone to play multiplayer with, just as long as they didn't make it as hard as Double Dash!!, i think it'll be fine. DD was the worst Mario Kart title IMHO. Either that one or the original (I like the original with a Game Genie, though. That 'god' code rocks!)

Wow - I loved DOUBLE DASH and can think of a great many worse games. If bad games were all that good, I'd be a happy camper!

I don't have anyone to play multiplayer with, just as long as they didn't make it as hard as Double Dash!!, i think it'll be fine. DD was the worst Mario Kart title IMHO. Either that one or the original (I like the original with a Game Genie, though. That 'god' code rocks!)

Wow - I loved DOUBLE DASH and can think of a great many worse games. If bad games were all that good, I'd be a happy camper!

I said it was the worst Mario Kart title, not the worst title ever made. Sure, there are plenty of games that are worse than Double Dash.

Actually the multi player is very very good, 4 players on the Wii at the same time.

1 or 2 players on the Wii against up to 11 opponents online.

Play against other players anywhere in the world, on your continent or invite friends.

Race against "Ghost" data, and Nintendo have not even started with the Mario Kart channel competitions yet

loving this game :D

If you screw up multiplayer in a Mario Kart game, you fucked it up BIG TIME.

you're kidding? multiplayer mario kart has been horribly broken forever. Speedboost-speedbost-speedbost-shortcut-blueshell... Really it took the DS title (awesome game) to show off exactly how broken that whole system can be. I stopped playing online when I realized I had purchased 3 hand grips just for that one game, and even if I held up, my D-pad would surely go out anyway.

not thrilled with the idea of 'stunts' but

(aside from more freaking snaking) Edited by Reaperman

I said it was the worst Mario Kart title, not the worst title ever made. Sure, there are plenty of games that are worse than Double Dash.

Apparently I need to play more Mario Kart titles. I thoroughly enjoyed Double Dash. Haven't played the original Mario Kart on SNES since it was new nor Mario Kart 64 since its initial release. What didn't you like about Double Dash?

We used to have video game parties where the XBox, PS2, Dreamcast and GameCube would sit side by side. They'd all get played (Xbox: Halo; PS2 Katamari Damacy; Dreamcast: Crazy Taxi and Soul Calibur) but Mario Kart Double Dash usually made up 60% of the night every time.

What didn't you like about Double Dash?

The fact that it's the most difficult MK title. I'm not really into impossible challenges, but I did manage to unlock Toad and Toadette. From what I remember, the 150cc Grand Prix mode is overly difficult. I think I'll revisit it and see what happens.

I played Mario Kart Wii today.

Nintendo had a promo tent set up on the 16th Street Mall in downtown Denver.

I played a head to head series against another person. To be honest I thought it played pretty well. I've never played a Mario Kart game before so I can't compare it to older versions. I didn't figure out some of the boosts that the review talked about but there were plenty as it was. One possible problem... I placed 3rd on the very first track. I think it might be a little too easy.

The girls working the tent tried to get me to have a Mario Driver's License made. It was free but I passed on it.

Edited by JamesD

I have played the game for a few days now, and I think its singleplayer is as good as Double Dash the online modes make it better!

Games should be hard!

The online multiplayer is superfun, it is a great feeling to win a 12 player race.

I have also tried playing online with a friend, that was also fun but the setup is kind of stupid, with the registering of friend codes... And you cannot write your own messages to eachother, you must select from a few prewritten... It would be more fun with a wireless headset...

Playing multiplayer (on the same wii) is fun, and a really good thing that you can use your old gamecube controllers!

The single player is challanging, the 50cc Grand Prix is easy but the 100 cc is a lot harder (I still trying to learn the manual control properly)

The little steering wheel was no big hit for me, but my girlfriend uses it.

Buy this one!

What didn't you like about Double Dash?

The fact that it's the most difficult MK title. I'm not really into impossible challenges, but I did manage to unlock Toad and Toadette. From what I remember, the 150cc Grand Prix mode is overly difficult. I think I'll revisit it and see what happens.

for someone who is a self-proclaimed Mario Kart nut, it's appalling to read that DD and the original are your least favorite two. if anything, those are the BEST. to each his own i guess. but yeah, give DD another shot. and never drive with the fat ones (heavy class) in that game. i always use light/medium characters with a medium vehicle.

for someone who is a self-proclaimed Mario Kart nut, it's appalling to read that DD and the original are your least favorite two. if anything, those are the BEST. to each his own i guess.

Yuck.. I dont like DD. I like Mario Kart DS. :P

Original one is great too.. Yknow, I dont think I've ever played the english version of SNES Mario Kart ever in my life strangely enough. :ponder:

so let's say you have MawiioKart and a wheel already but you want another wheel for your friend/sibling/child/dog. instead of spending $16 on a piece of plastic like this, you could spend twice as much and get another racing game with it.

the reviews aren't great, especially when compared to Excite Truck, but Monster 4x4 World Circuit isn't really all that horrible.

Yuck.. I dont like DD. I like Mario Kart DS. :P

This.

DD left me totally cold - it just seemed to lack the spark that the other MK games have. MK: DS on the other hand, was nigh-on perfect (except for the snaking, of course).