IGNORED

Intellivision Video Upgrade & Convergence

Ransom

I just received a video upgraded Intellivision from Atari2600.com and it displays a shadow our double image. It does this regardless of which cable I use and which TV I hook it up to, so the problem is definitely with the console.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I plan to call Atari2600.com tomorrow, but I wanted to see if this is a common or unavoidable problem.

That's not "convergence". Convergence is making the red, green, and blue guns in your TV set aim at the same point. This is "ringing", which is caused by impedance mismatch somewhere in the signal path.

You might want to try a different TV set and video cable before you blame the unit.

That's not "convergence". Convergence is making the red, green, and blue guns in your TV set aim at the same point. This is "ringing", which is caused by impedance mismatch somewhere in the signal path.

You might want to try a different TV set and video cable before you blame the unit.

Um...thanks, I did try a different cable and TV, as stated in my original post, and got the same result.

Um...thanks, I did try a different cable and TV, as stated in my original post, and got the same result.

I have an Intellivision moded buy 8bitdomain same thing, i have been told by 8bit and longhorn Engineer that you cant get Svideo out of an Intellivision, all my other mods by 8bit are great and this is still better than RF but if anyone knows how to fix this please let us both know :)

I just received a video upgraded Intellivision from Atari2600.com and it displays a shadow our double image. It does this regardless of which cable I use and which TV I hook it up to, so the problem is definitely with the console.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I plan to call Atari2600.com tomorrow, but I wanted to see if this is a common or unavoidable problem.

Sorry should have replied to this :dunce:

I have an Intellivision moded buy 8bitdomain same thing, i have been told by 8bit and longhorn Engineer that you cant get Svideo out of an Intellivision, all my other mods by 8bit are great and this is still better than RF but if anyone knows how to fix this please let us both know :)

Atari2600.com is looking into the problem; they think it's a bad capacitor. But I haven't been asked to send it back to them for repair yet, so we'll see what happens.

I'll let you know if any improvement is achieved.