IGNORED

GFX Compo

I strongly recommend watching pictures from atr or xex files, not from webpage. You will notice the differences in atmosphere, colors, details...

yes. that's true. watching it on the real equipment is recommended. Also the screenshots are not taken with the laoo.act palette which usually is a bit closer to the real Atari.

grtx,

\twh

wow, I've been away for a few days and just now seen the results of the compo Kaz, really excellent work to all who entered, I'll definately join in on the next one when I'm less busy .. looks like I'll have to step it up to get high votes :).. great stuff.. Cool comp Kaz.

I can't believe this little compo take the most brilliant pictures from Atari. Even better that Forever.

Your sense of humour is indeed peculiar o_O

Where is the humourous point?

Look at this short compo. It has 28 contestants. 4 of then are at higher quality than the best picture of the forever9 contest.

Powrooz beated himself out in many ways.

The easter rabbid picture has

a) a very nice and funny "image"

b) very nice colour usage

c) good depth of view

d) no false pixels.

e)...

While even the "Neptune's Daughter" picture looks unfinished, somehow.

I like that "Kreatura" one - that would have done well if it was in earlier.

Is the tally done yet?

And, re your voting/rating system. I think it probably would have been fairer if you just asked people to rate their Top 5 in order, rather than just rating one or all.

Results of gfx compo here. Congratz to all participants. Sorry for all strange rates, you can blame democracy :(

And, re your voting/rating system. I think it probably would have been fairer if you just asked people to rate their Top 5 in order, rather than just rating one or all.

True, it is easier to rate Top5 than Top28, but this compo was for CREATORS, not for VOTERS. I don't really care about people who only want to rate other people :). I think that creators are the most essential part of Atari community and they deserved for special attention and minimum of voter's effort. I wanted to give all participants (especially new guys) chance to compare their work with other people and to get rank, whatever rank it is.