IGNORED

b*nQ

kenfused

I just got BonQ a couple days ago, so I haven't had time to check yet. Also, I am extremely untalented when it comes to finding Atari Easter Eggs. It's my biggest shame. I do know it's an incredible game and it was a great Easter present, even if I had to pay for it. :)

By the way, did anyone else have the same problem with this that they had with that batch of PacMan Collections? My BonQ, Asteroids Deluxe, and Space Duel are all like that.

Haven't come across any hidden goodies yet, but I'm not adept at finding them either! Just happy to play a great port :thumbsup:

By the way, did anyone else have the same problem with this that they had with that batch of PacMan Collections? My BonQ, Asteroids Deluxe, and Space Duel are all like that.
Are you referring to graphical glitches? So far PMC is the only one that does it. I don't have Asteroids Deluxe or Space Duel yet. It's weird because PMC plays just fine on my CC2, but the actual cart is glitchy. Was it determined that it was a bad batch? Should I contact Al about a possible exchange?

Are you referring to graphical glitches? So far PMC is the only one that does it. I don't have Asteroids Deluxe or Space Duel yet. It's weird because PMC plays just fine on my CC2, but the actual cart is glitchy. Was it determined that it was a bad batch? Should I contact Al about a possible exchange?

Yeah, it's graphical glitches. Just like with PMC, it won't play right until the system is warmed up. The same as with PMC, I don't find it takes very long for the system to warm up, so I'm not bothered with it.

Edited by Atarifever

Am I just dense or am I not looking in the right place? Where are the clues? I clicked on Ken's name and read the last entry from March 3rd.

his blog.

Allan

And if I just stare at the screen long enough the location of that will magically come to me?

I clicked on his profile and read his blog here on AA

I guess that's not it

Link please.

Am I just dense or am I not looking in the right place? Where are the clues? I clicked on Ken's name and read the last entry from March 3rd.

his blog.

Allan

And if I just stare at the screen long enough the location of that will magically come to me?

I clicked on his profile and read his blog here on AA

I guess that's not it

Link please.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...63&eid=4594

I finally finished programming and finally it was out the door a few weeks ago. Seems like it takes 90% of the work to finish the last 10% of polish. I did manage to sneak 2 1/2 easter eggs into it as well as the saveKey (or Atarivox memory card only) support. Now it's time to pick a new project. I am leaning towards another 7800 game. Maybe Super Pacman or maybe a platformer. I got some ideas for some scrolling platformer games, but I would probably have to spend a lot of times on some tools before I begin. Other options might be Qix for the 7800 or to do some more 8-bit computer to 5200 conversions.

Allan

Ha. Never occurred to me to hover over the text.

I got the second one (more appropriate for Valentine's Day than Easter :D)

the b*nQ logo displays something when you hover over it. If you figure this one out you should try it more than once since there are three random messages that may be displayed in addition to the normal one. These messages try to give a hint at another egg.

The word easter and eggs displays something when you hover over it (the two should be taken as one statement).

I would like to have been more clever in how to activate them but time was limited.

First one doesn't seem to do anything.

Nothing obvious anyway.

Love this game, but can't figure out how to hover over the logo.

The manual says "You can also change the difficulty by moving the joystick up and down, and change the number of players by moving the joystick left and right."

I get the opposite: Up and down changes the number of players, and left and right changes the difficulty.

Excellent game, and the characters listed in the manual are hilarious.

:)

Ha. Never occurred to me to hover over the text.

I got the second one (more appropriate for Valentine's Day than Easter :D)

First one doesn't seem to do anything.

Nothing obvious anyway.

Ah, how did you like that particular easter egg? That one was such a pain the for me butt to draw for and that didn't look good in it's original form.

Hints from blog and what they mean...

Sometimes it can be useful to finish last a few times.

This will not work with the highscore cart but should work with and without a SaveKey. If you finish in last place (21st), the message displayed at the top will be one of 4 random messages. Since it is random you may have to finish last more than four times to see all four.

"THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL" (normal message for finishing last)

"PAUSE ON THE BALL BOUNCE HONEY" (hint to press pause on the AtariAge intro screen when the ball (AA logo) bounces)

"MISS ALBERTHA WANTS TO MEET YA" (hint that easter egg is Al*bertha)

"I AM SWEETER THAN THE SNAKE" (another hint the easter eggis Al*berta)

One you try the real egg on the intro screen press pause quickly when the AA Logo bounces and let go of it. Al*bertha will replace Snakey in game then.

When you are turning the 7800 on, if you pause to think about it a little and then......once you start a game if you do the right thing it should not be too difficult to make a change.

Hold pause when powering on and let go when the AtariAge logo appears.

Start a game.

When it comes time to move, flip the right difficulty switch. The game will reset and something will change.