IGNORED

Hooking up Ataris to the net

There are Network card interfaces available for Atari ST, TT and Falcon, try looking for Ethernec, Netusbee and maybe Ethernat.

Thanks man. Any specific software I need?

"Keep the Atari dream alive"

You might want to decide what you want to do first. Web browser, ftp, IRC, ICQ, etc. and determine which internet stack works with the apps you want to use. Then buy the network adapter that has a driver for that stack. Not everything works with everything, most stuff does, but there are some exceptions.

Edited by lp060

There are Network card interfaces available for Atari ST, TT and Falcon, try looking for Ethernec, Netusbee and maybe Ethernat.

Thanks man. Any specific software I need?

"Keep the Atari dream alive"

You might want to decide what you want to do first. Web browser, ftp, IRC, ICQ, etc. and determine which internet stack works with the apps you want to use. Then buy the network adapter that has a driver for that stack. Not everything works with everything, must stuff does, but there are some exceptions.

stack?

stack = internet stack

There are more than one.

STiK/STinG are the two most popular and they are mostly compatible with each other up to a point

MiNT-Net is the most robust, but needs more memory to and of course MiNT

IConnect which is pretty much abandoned (requires magic os I think)

Draconis is also pretty much abandoned

Anyway there are small tools available that lets internet apps run on stacks they don't directly support. Think of it as a software bridge.

Example, GlueSTiK lets STiK and STinG apps run on MiNT-Net.

STiK or STinG will more than likely do most of what you want especially if you are sticking to plain TOS roms and not replacing the operating system. This is why I suggested finding the apps you wish to run first. Myself I use MiNT-Net+GlueSTiK.

Edited by lp060

stack = internet stack

There are more than one.

STiK/STinG are the two most popular and they are mostly compatible with each other up to a point

MiNT-Net is the most robust, but needs more memory to and of course MiNT

IConnect which is pretty much abandoned (requires magic os I think)

Draconis is also pretty much abandoned

Anyway there are small tools available that lets internet apps run on stacks they don't directly support. Think of it as a software bridge.

Example, GlueSTiK lets STiK and STinG apps run on MiNT-Net.

STiK or STinG will more than likely do most of what you want especially if you are sticking to plain TOS roms and not replacing the operating system. This is why I suggested finding the apps you wish to run first. Myself I use MiNT-Net+GlueSTiK.

Let's say I decide to go with either STiK or STinG. do i find these on the net?

Thansk1