IGNORED

ADAM EMULATOR.....WHERE CAN I FIND ONE?

CARTRIDGE STEALER

THANKS!

This is old but effective:

http://www.komkon.org/~dekogel/adamem.html

You may have the best luck running the MS-DOS version in something like DOSBOX. I know, I know, using an emulator to run an emulator is just sick.....

I believe MESS also contains an ADAM personality but as usual, MESS is a jack of all trades and master at none. There are other Colecovision emulators but ADAM emulators are few and far between. Incidentally, Adamem does a good job on Colecovision too.

THANKS!

You may have the best luck running the MS-DOS version in something like DOSBOX. I know, I know, using an emulator to run an emulator is just sick.....

I believe MESS also contains an ADAM personality but as usual, MESS is a jack of all trades and master at none. There are other Colecovision emulators but ADAM emulators are few and far between. Incidentally, Adamem does a good job on Colecovision too.

dam! it sounds complicated. All I wanted to do was play the adam roms like donkey kong, jr and dragons lair. is it possible to play the adam versions on a regular coleco emmu?

THANKS!

dam! it sounds complicated. All I wanted to do was play the adam roms like donkey kong, jr and dragons lair. is it possible to play the adam versions on a regular coleco emmu?

There is a link to a front end for the emulator off of the main page. It's pretty straight forward.

http://www.komkon.org/~dekogel/bcb.html#applications

If anyone ever finds the dsk/ddp version of Donkey Kong by all means please upload it. :D

Edited by TwiliteZoner

Only if that game would run on an unaltered ColecoVision. The ADAM was a superset of the ColecoVision and one version of the ADAM was in fact an Expansion Kit for the ColecoVision.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll throw in my 2 cents worth on ADAMEm, as well. Great emulator, but if you are running Windows XP or higher you may have some issues with the sound. It worked fine when I had Windows ME on my machine, but when I upgraded to Windows XP, the sound went in the toilet. Apparently it depends on what sound card you have. Under XP with my Sound Blaster Live 5.1 card, the sound is garbled and scratchy (again, it was fine under ME). But on my laptop with XP and an Altec Lansing sound card, the sound is fine.

In any case, I recommend running it with the ADAMEmMam front end.

Keep watch on the ColEm ColecoVision emulator for Windows, as well. The author is looking to add ADAM emulation to it at some point in the future.

THANKS!

There is a link to a front end for the emulator off of the main page. It's pretty straight forward.

http://www.komkon.org/~dekogel/bcb.html#applications

If anyone ever finds the dsk/ddp version of Donkey Kong by all means please upload it. :D

I'll throw in my 2 cents worth on ADAMEm, as well. Great emulator, but if you are running Windows XP or higher you may have some issues with the sound. It worked fine when I had Windows ME on my machine, but when I upgraded to Windows XP, the sound went in the toilet. Apparently it depends on what sound card you have. Under XP with my Sound Blaster Live 5.1 card, the sound is garbled and scratchy (again, it was fine under ME). But on my laptop with XP and an Altec Lansing sound card, the sound is fine.

This is why I mentioned running it with DOSBOX. You take a performance hit on slower machines but it does smooth out the problems you have running DOS apps on modern OSes. Being a Linux user, I get good use out of the X11 version but even there I had to resort to a hack to get it to run on my 32bpp desktop since it only likes 16bpp desktops.

Another possibility is to run it something like VMware Player or VirtualBOX.