IGNORED

New 130XE and 800XL MB's

Larry

FWIW - I recently purchased some misc. parts from Best Electronics, and when I got my package (always fast shipping!) there was a flyer included that showed the prices of NEW 130XE and 800XL MB's were currently reduced to $69.95 and $39.95 respectively. I purchased a couple, and they are choice! OK, the XL has crappy video, so I presume it is not a Taiwan model. The XE has the usual almost-pristine video. Don't know how long the "sale" prices will remain in effect, but thought it was worth passing along.

-Larry

Edited by Larry

OK, the XL has crappy video, so I presume it is not a Taiwan model. The XL has the usual almost-pristine video.

So which did you like better? The XL or the XL?

Oops! The XE has the usual almost-pristine video. And yes, I *always* like 130XE's the best.

My scale (FWIW):

130XE

65XE

800XL (Taiwan)

800XL (Hong Kong)

1200XL

XEGS

600XL

MB = motherboard (yes).

I can't tell if this XL is socketed or not. These have the RF shields attached, are warranted, and have "tamper-proof" stickers all over them, so for now, I won't be opening them. But I do intend to burn them in well for a week or so. I suspect that Best can't tell you, either -- they got these in bulk, so they may have more than one variety. But you might contact them to get a definitive answer to that. My guess is that this one is socketed, since it is not a Taiwan XL (judging from the video performance).

-Larry