IGNORED

Batman on 2600?

Serguei2

Batman most likely would have been released by Atari since Atari had Superman and also DC did the Atari Force comics, so DC was tied into Atari. Definitely would have been cool for Batman/Robin to go through the various villains as the bosses at the end of a level. All sorts of concepts probably would have been easy to come up with. Even have sort of like a Spy Hunter type level with the Batmobile.

Phil

Found this online:

retro-game-darkknight.jpg

This is a fake label. I've seen some of these on a design website - someone knocked them up for fun. - infact if you go to the link on the label www.penneydesign.com you will probably see them... and there is the proof - a website in 1978????!!!! ;)

Edited by nofrills100

This is a fake label. I've seen some of these on a design website - someone knocked them up for fun. - infact if you go to the link on the label www.penneydesign.com you will probably see them... and there is the proof - a website in 1978????!!!! ;)

Not to mention the black Batman costume that was introduced in 1989. The fake screen also looks more like a retro style flash game than a 2600 game.

Batman most likely would have been released by Atari since Atari had Superman and also DC did the Atari Force comics, so DC was tied into Atari. Definitely would have been cool for Batman/Robin to go through the various villains as the bosses at the end of a level. All sorts of concepts probably would have been easy to come up with. Even have sort of like a Spy Hunter type level with the Batmobile.

Phil

Atari was also owned by Warner in the early 80s, who owned DC since 1969. I heard Batman wasn't as popular around that time, so that could be why they didn't make a game.

Edited by BrianC

Found this online:

Yeah, I know it's fake, just thought it was funny. Some of the screenshots on the fake box covers are closer to NES graphics than VCS graphics, though.

-B

Found this online:

Yeah, I know it's fake, just thought it was funny. Some of the screenshots on the fake box covers are closer to NES graphics than VCS graphics, though.

-B

Sure looks cool though even if it is fake.

• 13 years later...
On 7/6/2024 at 7:27 PM, Van Halbgott said:

Batman (Christian Bale): (drags up an Atari executive by the ankle) WHERE IS MY ATARI 2600 GAME!?

Atari executive: AAAAAAHHH, I DON'T KNOW, I SWEAR TO GOD-

Batman: SWEAR TO MEEEEEEEEEE!!!

BATMAN BEGINS

American Psycho for Atari 2600...

Spoiler

Aka basically TCM but its ambiguous as to what REALLY happened, was it all romanticized in his mind, his virtual mind? Chainsaw Paul's cards for 10000 points!

26 minutes ago, Maztr_0n said:

No sadly.

Honestly if there was one, i can imagine it being like a stripped down re-telling of the Sunsoft NES game, as like a red label cartridge.

Well despite this not existing outside of my mind, i made a mockup front label for it, in my style.

batmansunsoftmockup.jpg

On 7/11/2024 at 5:47 AM, splendidnut said:

If you search the forums, you'll find a few attempts at a Batman game for the 2600.

Like this one:

legitimately what i was talking about! thanks!

• Like 1