IGNORED

Xbox Live Arcade Games you want to see?

cimerians

Anyone know of an Xbox site you can actually have a say on this or at least put a vote in? Or do they even listen to the vast opinions of gamers?

So what's your wish list for a past game to come on to xbox live?

Me and a few friends have voted on:

Starcraft

Diablo 1 or 2

Pool of Radiance :P

Day of the Tentacle

Tie Fighter (Multiplayer!!)

That's something I hadn't thought of before...and I like the idea!

There are several PC games that I used to play that I think could translate well to the 360.

I'd like to see the Age of Empires games, if they could work out a decent control scheme since the mouse works so well.

I also think there is more room for games like Carcassonne. My wife and I play the hell out of that game. Its the first "board game" that I have ever played on a console/computer that is really fun.

Anyone know of an Xbox site you can actually have a say on this or at least put a vote in? Or do they even listen to the vast opinions of gamers?

So what's your wish list for a past game to come on to xbox live?

Me and a few friends have voted on:

Starcraft

Diablo 1 or 2

Pool of Radiance :P

Day of the Tentacle

All very good games. But I already have those and more. I've been busy finding old pc games lately to play on my old pc's. I've been able to get them cheaper than 800 pts, and I get to play them on more than one pc without connecting to the internet. When is MS going to change their stupid DRM. How many people have their arcade games on a second or third console now?

I like and buy the new games. Especially since I have plenty of older ones.

I had the X-wing collection and breifly played Tie Fighter, but if it's anything like X-wing, how would you map all those buttons? X-wing was pretty dependent on the keyboard as you had all the angles to look out your fighters windows, shield recharge option, laser recharge option, weapon choice, hyper space, throttle up/down, 1/3 1/2, etc. multiple modes of targeting and all the different commands you can give your squad if you are the leader. Plus i'm sure i'm missing some as the game came with a pamphlet of nothing but keyboard commands.

If Tie Fighter is anything like X-wing, yes it would be great to have, but I don't see how it would work properly with just the 360 controller.

I had the X-wing collection and breifly played Tie Fighter, but if it's anything like X-wing, how would you map all those buttons? X-wing was pretty dependent on the keyboard as you had all the angles to look out your fighters windows, shield recharge option, laser recharge option, weapon choice, hyper space, throttle up/down, 1/3 1/2, etc. multiple modes of targeting and all the different commands you can give your squad if you are the leader. Plus i'm sure i'm missing some as the game came with a pamphlet of nothing but keyboard commands.

If Tie Fighter is anything like X-wing, yes it would be great to have, but I don't see how it would work properly with just the 360 controller.

You are right but I'm sure they can figure something out. X-wing was great and they simply improved on it with Tie Fighter. Its the dark side you play, which makes it interesting. I always loved these games.

Some of the other ideas are cool too....some more boardgames and maybe Age of Empires. The main reason I'd like to see some older PC games come on Xbox Live is because of the online or co-op ability as well as acheivements. Its really hard to play some old games online or co-op anymore (if at all).

Imagine what some of the achievements on some of those older games could be? :)

I'd really like to see more board games converted. Designer board games though, not just Monopoly, Stratego etc...I'd like to see Acquire, or Axis & Allies, Nuclear War etc...

Agreed. Axis & Allies would be fantastic.

I would still like to see some of the classics too. Sorry would be great.

I'll throw in my vote for Tie Fighter as well.

I'd really like to see more board games converted. Designer board games though, not just Monopoly, Stratego etc...I'd like to see Acquire, or Axis & Allies, Nuclear War etc...

Agreed. Axis & Allies would be fantastic.

I would still like to see some of the classics too. Sorry would be great.

I'll throw in my vote for Tie Fighter as well.

Axis & Allies is exactly what I'm talking about. :cool: I used to play that game all the time, but its such a pain in the ass to set up. I'd rather play it on the 360 with no setup time at all.

I think a 4 pack of classic games like Sorry would work as well, though I'm not sure just Sorry would be worth 400 points.

Plus I'm not a Gold member anyway. So it doesn't really matter! :twisted:

So now I'm even more confused why you bothered to post, but so be it....you don't want to see any Xbox Live Aracde Games in the future.

Now we all know what not to get you for Xmas. ;)

Plus I'm not a Gold member anyway. So it doesn't really matter! :twisted:

So now I'm even more confused why you bothered to post, but so be it....you don't want to see any Xbox Live Aracde Games in the future.

Now we all know what not to get you for Xmas. ;)

Your mis-understanding my situation. You don't need to be a gold member to buy XBLA games. ;) I have 14 now. :) And what I said is I don't want old PC games on XBLA. I want new IP/games. I can already play plenty of old games. At this point of my gaming life, I'm only willing to purchase new games and not ports on XBLA.

Oh I gotcha. To be honest, as great of a game as Diablo is, I'm not so sure it would translate all that well to the console. I know they released it on the PS1, but it's been so long since I played it, and when I had, I hadn't tried the PC version yet. I'd probably have to try the demo first.

I don't know why since I can play this on the PC, PS2, and Dreamcast already; but I think Half-Life would be a nice addition to XBLA. Other classic first person shooters are getting the XBLA treatment, though I imagine MS would have to be willing to increase the size limit to achieve it.

That's something I hadn't thought of before...and I like the idea!

There are several PC games that I used to play that I think could translate well to the 360.

I'd like to see the Age of Empires games, if they could work out a decent control scheme since the mouse works so well.

I also think there is more room for games like Carcassonne. My wife and I play the hell out of that game. Its the first "board game" that I have ever played on a console/computer that is really fun.

I'd love to see a PC or even updated DS port of Age of Empires on XBLA!!! I've been playing the DS version

off and on for over 2 years! Great game and can be had for $13 used at gamestop.

I'm thinking of picking up the PC version of AofE2 again.

I remember years ago when they said AofE was coming out for console's. I think it was the Ps2... but then it never

came out..... :x

you're also right about carcassonne! Fantastic game!

-rick

ohhhh i'd like to see a MMO game! then I might use my gold status more. diablo,starwars....WofW!

After the success off the Wii (selling bunches of consoles to non-gamers), it seemed like MS was trying to cater to the casual game crowd a bit with games like Viva Pinata Party Animals and Scene It. I'm suprised they didn't use the Market place more. Mini game compliations and bundles of old kid games (Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, Mouse Trap, etc...) could easily be translated to Live I would think...and you could play with family members across the country. Why release a full game (I suspect VPPA probably sold around 10 copies at full price) when you could slap it on the Marketplace and only charge folks $10. Fun for all ages, and much cheaper than a retail release on any console.

I would like to see the following board/dice games on Live.

Statego

Battleship

Mastermind

Yahzee

Boggle (Could be used with the Chatpad)

BINGO

What would be really something is if you could bet and win (or lose) MS Points in Bingo. I suspect that would be too close to gambling though.

After the success off the Wii (selling bunches of consoles to non-gamers), it seemed like MS was trying to cater to the casual game crowd a bit with games like Viva Pinata Party Animals and Scene It. I'm suprised they didn't use the Market place more. Mini game compliations and bundles of old kid games (Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, Mouse Trap, etc...) could easily be translated to Live I would think...and you could play with family members across the country. Why release a full game (I suspect VPPA probably sold around 10 copies at full price) when you could slap it on the Marketplace and only charge folks $10. Fun for all ages, and much cheaper than a retail release on any console.

I would like to see the following board/dice games on Live.

Statego

Battleship

Mastermind

Yahzee

Boggle (Could be used with the Chatpad)

BINGO

What would be really something is if you could bet and win (or lose) MS Points in Bingo. I suspect that would be too close to gambling though.

HA! Thats a pretty good idea!

I doubt it will pass though.....but who knows?

I still think some older PC games would be great. I'm here at Atariage because I like old games so my vote is in for older games with improvements. (At least older games that were fun to play).

I dont see why Age of Empires or any other older Microsoft published game couldn't make it.

Also, I know the Orange Box had tons of content but throwing in Half Life 1 in there could have made it the best packaged video game deal ever.

Since Dungeons & Dragons gets a new edition this summer, it would have been nice to get the D&D scrolling brawlers on Live Arcade.

I agree with the Axis & Allies suggestion. If that were on Live Arcade, I would definitely pay for a Gold account.

Heroscape is one I've mentioned before which I think would be a great Live Arcade game, and could be supported by future expansion downloads.

After the success off the Wii (selling bunches of consoles to non-gamers), it seemed like MS was trying to cater to the casual game crowd a bit with games like Viva Pinata Party Animals and Scene It.

Scene It is great fun. I think that controller is something that MS could do a lot with. Whe we bought scene it, we were hoping that MS would do some expansion packs the way that the actuall DVD game works (HArry Potter Edition, etc). Seems that Scene it would be perfect for DLC.

I also think that the big button controller would work for a lot of other party style games.