IGNORED

CX80 mashup

Evilution

I spent a lot of my youth on the end on an Amiga with a rehashed CX80 trak-ball being used as a mouse.

To me, this is how trackballs should be, none of this small ball single hand nonsense.

Since moving to a PC all those years ago I have gone through countless trackballs and each one was a disaster in its own right.

They either stop working when the oil from your hand gets on the ball, the ball is on the side which evntually gives you RSI of the thumb or they have a small centre ball with only 2 buttons. No good for surfing.

Year ago I bought a CX80 for a very small amount of money, still in the box with the instructions etc.

I am thinking about getting a standard non optical mouse with web nav buttons and a scroll wheel and hashing it into the CX80.

Has anyone done this before?

Never done it, but I've got a modified Logitech Marble Mouse that's lasted over ten years. In fact, I'm using it right now. It's a track ball, despite the name. It has no rollers at all, just an optical pickup and three very tiny ball bearings in the cradle.