IGNORED

Spoiled

SS

14 systems, 600+ games, emulation options out the wazoo, and I can't find a damn thing I want to play.

Remember the days when you had only an Atari and less than ten games? I'd play Pac-Man for hours on end. Collecting has made me jaded; always looking for the next new thing and not really appreciating what I already have.

My two cents worth, anyway.

Clearly the problem is that you simply have too many choices. My wife was complaining about the same thing with our DirecTV yesterday. So many channels that it's difficult to FORCE yourself to sit and watch something you might like, because you think that maybe there's something else better on another channel.

With the games, maybe you look at each game and think, "Nah... I won't play that one. There's gotta be a better one to play than that!" If you only had 10 to choose from, it would be easier to say, "OK, I'll play Pac-Man."

Well, even then... hmm... I guess the other choices would have to be Star Ship, Street Racer, Star Ship, uh... Street Racer, hmm... did I mention Star Ship? OK. So if your collection consists of 1 Pac-Man, 2 Street Racers, and 7 Star Ships, then Pac-Man is an easy choice! :roll:

heh 23 systems here and over 1100 cart/CD games

I am in the same boat as you i have soooo many games that i never even played yet and i still find it hard to find a game i want to play

Ive been playing the 3DO game Dragon Lore mainly on and off for the past few weeks, i am determined to finish that game :)

You know, that makes me think, why did people buy so many of the same game? i know there were different brands but they were basically the same game, if you go out and buy some guys childhood system theres like a star-raiders, and then 5 pac-mans. why didnt they buy a different game? i have no answer to this, maybe someone else does...

You know, that makes me think, why did people buy so many of the same game? i know there were different brands but they were basically the same game, if you go out and buy some guys childhood system theres like a star-raiders, and then 5 pac-mans. why didnt they buy a different game? i have no answer to this, maybe someone else does...

I wouldn't be so sure that the multiple copies were actually purchased as a kid... chances are they knew people along the way who gave them their old games, and they accumulated multiples. Or else they had jerky friends like mine who went to a pawn shop and bought me 5 copies of Combat one time.... :roll:

ya, i read that post, tahts funny, your friend got you 5 combats as a gift...

that really sucks, as if we all dont have enough already....

oh yeah, and theres a cool swordquest waterworld on ebay, with manual, its at 200.00, i dont have the cash to dish it out, maybe one of you does.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1372133578

It's because of the the cheap prices. Today, you can drop 15 dollars at a flea market, or even on ebay, and get a group of 5 games. Before, 2600 games cost what, 25 dollars? I don't really remember. Sure, many games have gone up in price, but really, the GOOD games are all cheap and easy to find. Most rare games aren't exactly...good :P

This situation really makes for some low scoring performances too. Back in the old days, I would buy one game when it came out and perfect it. Then I would buy 1 more when I could afford it and proceed with mastering it. Now I have a great many games to choose from and I get distracted by playing too many in the same day. I never really get great at any one before I pop in another!! Plus, we don't have competition at home like when we were kids. That's what drives me to really get good at a game. Now all my old friends sound like me dad did! :? :? :yawn: