IGNORED

swapping HD question

The MilkMan

I have a 360. My sister in-law has a 360. But instead of bringing her console, gear and what not to my place, could she just unplug her HD, bring her game, and plug her HD into my 360. Load her game and her profile and saved info would appear?

Kind of like like what you can do with a PS2 memory card. just curious....

Edited by The MilkMan

I have a 360. My sister in-law has a 360. But instead of bringing her console, gear and what not to my place, could she just unplug her HD, bring her game, and plug her HD into my 360. Load her game and her profile and saved info would appear?

Kind of like like what you can do with a PS2 memory card. just curious....

Well, there is no other storage on the 360 unless you plug in a memory card so I'd say it has to work.

Sure that will work. If you want to play her HD games with your profile and don't have a 360 memory card, you would have to recover your gamertag while her HD was inserted. That way both your profiles would be on her HD, after she left, you would have to recover it again on you own HD. You cant have the same profile on two different storage units. The 360 memory card makes it easy to transfer you gamertag to multiple 360's since you can just keep the tag on the memory card and swap it around whenever.

Memcard is the best way to go when moving around gamertags. Saves the trouble of having to recover from "live". I found that out the hard way when I got two 360's in order to make things easier around the house.

There was a little bit of compeition for the 360's attention at the time. :lol:

Sure that will work. If you want to play her HD games with your profile and don't have a 360 memory card, you would have to recover your gamertag while her HD was inserted. That way both your profiles would be on her HD, after she left, you would have to recover it again on you own HD. You cant have the same profile on two different storage units. The 360 memory card makes it easy to transfer you gamertag to multiple 360's since you can just keep the tag on the memory card and swap it around whenever.

Cool. Just wanted to check before I did it and something bad would happen. Neither of use internet, so thats not an issue. Actually she is one who wanted to know. Her 360 died from the RRoD, and was close to finishing N3. So she wanted to bring her HD and game over to play and try to finish it. The repairs cant some soon enough, so she wants to use mine.

So, just to be clear, if she plugs in her HD on my 360...plays...leaves...removes her HD and I plug mine back in, all my stuff will still be good and not all screwed up? (gamer profile, info, stats and all that)

if she plugs in her HD on my 360...plays...leaves...removes her HD and I plug mine back in, all my stuff will still be good and not all screwed up? (gamer profile, info, stats and all that)

Should work fine, Ive done the very same thing.