IGNORED

Sirius, Plutos and Rampart Prototypes Released! For Real!

Curt Vendel

Just a random thought for a Monday morning -- It seems that as time goes on and long lost prototypes such as these pop up every so often, there is always the question around whether or not the games are "complete" in their as-found state. Fortunately, many of the original programmers' names are known since they appear either within the game itself or documentation that accompanies the found prototype. Given the ultra connected, social media world in which we now live, it seems that locating the programmer(s) would be a fairly easy task. Has anyone ever considered doing this for some of the more well refined prototypes?

I am sure that if the said programmer isn't already an active part of the AtariAge or retro gaming community at large, it may take some type of incentive(monetary or other) to get the ball rolling, not to mention having to relearn older programming techniques. Maybe it turns out to be more effort than it's worth, but if someone approached me showing candid interest in a project I worked on many years ago I would be flattered and offer any help that I can. Call me optimistic, but I have a suspicion that some of the better games that were never released were programmed by people who really enjoyed their work and didn't see it just as another "job".

Thoughts?

• Like 3