IGNORED

8-Bit Cartridge Storage

Tempest

I know this has been asked before, but I'll be darned if I can find the thread so I'll ask the question again. How do you store your Atari 8-bit cartridges?

Right now I'm using something like this plastic storage drawer system that Al recommends, but it's smaller and its hard to get at the carts in the back. Is there a better solution for storing carts? I've got over 100 of them, so it would have to be something that held a lot of carts.

Tempest

I use some plastic tubs from Target. They are about 14 in. by 11 in. and are clear, but have blue removable tops. They have yellow handles on the blue tops. You can fit about 40 2600 carts per container, so I imagine you could fit about 50 8-bit cartridges. Two may be all you need, and they stack nicely.

I have about 200 carts, the loose ones I store in 2 large plastic cartons in individual small plastic bags.

No order to them really, I don't know what game is in what box. Usually the game I want to play is at the bottom of the box :lol:

I have some of the modular cartridge holders that came out years ago... gleemed from a collection that I picked up from someone. Those were the type that interlock. Naturally I only have slots for like 12 cartridges, so I tend to keep only my favorites out for immediate access, and the rest are in a box... somewhere. :D

I know this has been asked before, but I'll be darned if I can find the thread so I'll ask the question again. How do you store your Atari 8-bit cartridges?

Right now I'm using something like this plastic storage drawer system that Al recommends, but it's smaller and its hard to get at the carts in the back. Is there a better solution for storing carts? I've got over 100 of them, so it would have to be something that held a lot of carts.

Tempest

Glad I noticed this thread. I have run into the same issue. Still undecided about which route to take, although Albert's method might be the most practical.

I've just re-arranged mine, and my tapes, to make more space.

This is how I'm storing them,

post-7172-1207600640_thumb.jpg

When I get more carts I'll just stack them the same way but on top of the two rows, sure, it makes the carts hard to get too, but I really was cramped for space.

Edited by Ross PK