IGNORED

Proton Fighter songs (for Atari ST project)

I've been working on a few songs for Proton Fighter. I am not an expert musician by any stretch of the imagination but I hope you enjoy them nonetheless. Just a side note regarding the Boss.mp3 soundtrack: I am not happy with the opening 'sound effects' and I plan on shortening it later.

Here are the downloadable files in MP3 format:

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Boss Stage

Space Fighter Select Screen

Your comments are appreciated!

Edited by retrogeek

Loops AHOY! :ahoy:

Is the music actually stored as loops in the game itself, which are called in series by your code, or did you assemble the loops on another machine to be played back as a long file on the ST? (I have never coded for the ST so please excuse my ignorance of technical limits, most likely RAM.)

Loops AHOY! :ahoy:

Is the music actually stored as loops in the game itself, which are called in series by your code, or did you assemble the loops on another machine to be played back as a long file on the ST? (I have never coded for the ST so please excuse my ignorance of technical limits, most likely RAM.)

Proton Fighter is being developed on the Atari 1040st so there are RAM limitations. The loops are stored in memory and the code calls them in sequence to generate the song. The other approach is also possible; I could re-digitize the samples as one long file, compress the data, and play it back as a single audio stream.

Edited by retrogeek