IGNORED

Gamma Attack? WTF?

Okay a quick look at the Demo rom and now I think it is the real deal (although hacked of course) large areas are blacked out, and it looks like something was erased.

I didn't get anything but the title screen at first, but then I configured my joystick in X26 to act as my second joystick. The demo only starts after you press the fire button on the second joystick.

I'm pretty sure this is just a little taste from Shawn and Phantom, especially as it is just after April fools.

Heh yea. So what I'm I supposed to do after I turn into the GN mascot? Looks like it's pretty much game over.

Press the fire button on the second joystick. If you are using emulation and only have one joystick configure your settings so it becomes your second joystick.

The demo has no sound and doesn't do much.

Demo has sound, I just checked on my Jr.

Did anyone noticed the glitches in the scrolling logo?

Shawn, you're getting sloppy ;)

Really? I can't hear any in either Z26 or Stella. I'll have to try it on the Krok.

I ran a % comparision with Clonespy and the demo is not a hack of any released game, although since itself is a hack I can't be 100% sure. In the demo the tanks reverse all the time. Shawn is is the same way in the real game?

~Omega

I thought the guy was dead?

That's what I was told...but I could have been lied to. This whole thing smells very fishy and someone's obviously not telling the truth here.

This "gamecrawler" person with the website and the eBay auction is the same person who showed up here at AA and sent Phantom a cryptic message alluding to the fact that Gamma Attack was his game and he would "protect it" if necessary. I sent him a PM asking him to explain himself and received no response. I now sent him an e-mail through the Gammation website, but have also not yet received a response.

This person posted to AA from an IP in Dayton, Ohio and the location of the item given in the eBay auction is Xenia, Ohio...this is indeed where the person responsible for Gammation/Gamma Attack was from.

Guys, I absolutely don't think this is the original programmer. This has got to be Shawn and Phantom having some April Fools fun. :) Has anyone tried paying for and downloading the other bin? I would but I don't like giving CC info to places that just popped up. I'm just waiting for Shawn to say April Fools...

Guys, I absolutely don't think this is the original programmer. This has got to be Shawn and Phantom having some April Fools fun. :)

If it's one of them, they travelled to Dayton, Ohio specifically so they could use an IP there to register this account...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showuser=17994

:ponder:

If it's a joke by them, then someone else is in on it.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

Guys, I absolutely don't think this is the original programmer. This has got to be Shawn and Phantom having some April Fools fun. :) Has anyone tried paying for and downloading the other bin? I would but I don't like giving CC info to places that just popped up. I'm just waiting for Shawn to say April Fools...

Dude it is April third. Who on earth does an April Fools joke two days late? Phantom does not live in Ohio, he lives in New Jersey. So explain the Ohio connection for me?

Edit: anyone see the comments! :-o :-o

Shawn Sr.

No, I own the rights to everything!

9 Feb 2008 - 2:06

Phantom

Ask me if I give a flying puck

Edited by homerwannabee

File this under the same category as the guy who found a box of air raid carts at a thrift store a couple of years ago :roll:

Nope, most likely its Shawn and Phantom. Nothing wrong with this at all. Great idea for selling more carts :thumbsup:

Edit:

OK maybe not .... just read Phantom's response.

Edited by Dino

I'm 99% sure it is them, and Homer everyone expects April Fools early, not late.

OK, if you are 99% sure it's them then you should have no problem buying the cart from them at $149 since the checkout is supposedly fake anyways. I dare anyone who thinks this is fake to go up and buy this thing for $149. Yeah, that's what I thought, all talk and no action.

Edited by homerwannabee

I'm 99% sure it is them, and Homer everyone expects April Fools early, not late.

OK, if you are 99% sure it's them then you should have no problem buying the cart from them at $149 since the checkout is supposedly fake anyways. I dare anyone who thinks this is fake to go up and buy this thing for $149. Yeah, that's what I thought, all talk and no action.

If its fake, they may still take your $$$ and run. Shawn is a known pirate ... :ahoy:

File this under the same category as the guy who found a box of air raid carts at a thrift store a couple of years ago :roll:

Nope, most likely its Shawn and Phantom. Nothing wrong with this at all. Great idea for selling more carts :thumbsup:

Edit:

I meant this is a hoax just like that incident was a hoax.

We are supposed to believe that just as Shawn and Phantom are about to release their carts the founder of Gammation suddenly appears all ready to sell his long lost product...ok.

Edit:

We are supposed to believe that just as Shawn and Phantom are about to release their carts the founder of Gammation suddenly appears all ready to sell his long lost product...ok.

If you think that this is a hoax than buy the thing. What are you waiting for? Be honest you have no idea if this is a hoax or a scam yourself. Because if you did you would of tried buying it. But the fact remains you haven't. So some part of you most believe this to be more of a scam than a hoax.

Edited by homerwannabee

Edit:

I see your point. I agree with you and Omega on this one - a publicity stunt to get the remaing 14 carts sold

Edit:

I see your point. I agree with you and Omega on this one - a publicity stunt to get the remaing 14 carts sold

Again if this is a publicity stunt and nothing more, than go ahead Omega and buy it. Again you are not trying the checkout to buy it. So again some part of you as well thinks this could be a scam. My point is this. Put up or shut up. If you really think this is a hoax go to the checkout and buy the thing. Again, much talk, no action.