IGNORED

Gamma Attack? WTF?

Based on the current threads not sure why I should continue with new levels and games, if they will be stolen without

giving me credit or renumeration.

Nothing could be further from the truth. People would have been happy to compensate you for your work had you simply been upfront from the beginning.

If you are Robert L. Esken of Dayton Ohio, I was the one that contacted you via telephone back when the Gamma Attack cartridge was found. I spoke to your wife and asked to speak with you about a company from 1982 called Gammation. She told me I had the wrong person. She told me that the Bob Esken I was looking for had died (apparently your father). I asked her if you were related to him...she said no.

Even if I had the wrong person, Waggie also sent you a letter (which you did not respond to)...

If it was a letter,and you kept it, what is the date in the top left? I sent a letter to your attention but never heard back.

Obviously my phone call and/or Waggie's letter tipped you off about Gamma Attack, but rather than just post on the boards and identify yourself, you sit back and watch while saying little. A PM I sent you asking to identify yourself went unanswered. Now, you suddenly show up here demanding that people respect your copyright and trying to sell the ROM image and reproduction cartridges at extravagant prices?

No offense, but after all this, you expect to be taken seriously? If you are who you say you are, this is by far the most bizarre chain of events I've ever seen in this hobby.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

Hey what's the difference in the two BINs Shawn?

looks like the one he made way built from screen shots with bataribasic, or small chance it's a real copy altered with bataribasic. either way this guy is full of shit.

Maybe I will be wrong but I think the guy is legit.

I think that you should remove the rom. If he does have any claim to the rom you could be opening up Al to problems.

Edited by holygrailvideogames.com

looks like the one he made way built from screen shots with bataribasic, or small chance it's a real copy altered with bataribasic. either way this guy is full of shit.

I am just scrutinizing both ROMs. So far they backup his story.

Which story, Shawn's or gamecrawler's?

It would be awesome to get a programmer on here to make new games.

Which story, Shawn's or gamecrawler's?

gamecrawler's.

Though I just found him using "illegal" opcodes. Very unusual.

funny, looks like he waited a little too long to come out of the wood work. All the trouble in the world went into finding out about any copyright and there isn't one.

Maybe it wasn't worth his time till money changed hands... ???

Nope, he has no copyright even if he is the dude's kid. He has lied from the get go months if he is the guy's kid. Anyhow carts to date are going out in about 3 weeks. I'll let buddy sell his for $150 a crack from now on, you want one now go to buddy and spend $150 I'm fluckn' not dealing with the drama.

edit: Seeing as the rom is out there and at least 30 folks go it I'm taking it down to avoid drama also.

EDIT #2: looks like I dont have to as it's already gone.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

You know I remember a time when this used to be a nice community, freely sharing finds and an interesting place to hang out but now there are just too many cranks on here to make it worthwhile hanging around. Wake me up when normality returns ;)

FYI, the address I used was not the partial one given in the other thread. So the lady you spoke with might have been truthful. I was hoping he could give me the date of my letter, so I could confirm it is the same person without personal information being used.

Edited by Waggie

FYI, the address I used was not the partial one given in the other thread. So the lady you spoke with might have been truthful. I was hoping he could give me the date of my letter, so I could confirm it is the same person without personal information being used.

I see...either way, one (or both) of us obviously had the right person. So we still don't have a clear story here. This sounds bogus...way too many inconsistencies.

I'd be interested to know how this guy plans on making cartridges. Where is he getting the boards and shells from?

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

Where is he getting the boards and shells from?

That should be no problem!

looks like the one he made way built from screen shots with bataribasic, or small chance it's a real copy altered with bataribasic.

bBasic was indeed used for the demo screen. That's where the 7800 auto-detect and illegal opcodes are coming from.

The original Gamma code was integrated into this bBasic frame. All addresses have been changed, so this is not a hack of the original ROM, but a reassembly. Either based on the original source code or from a disassembly of the known ROM.

So the demo binary proves nothing. Only the original source code he claims to have will proove if he is telling the truth.

All folks that have got a cart paid for from me, they will be shipping in about 3 weeks. All in the USA will be sent with DC also, international will be with normal air mail. 82 out of 100 of the limited editions are gone, i dunno whats gonna happen with the other 18 of them but they are not for sale.

All folks that have got a cart paid for from me, they will be shipping in about 3 weeks. All in the USA will be sent with DC also, international will be with normal air mail. 82 out of 100 of the limited editions are gone, i dunno whats gonna happen with the other 18 of them but they are not for sale.

Landfill, Landfill............ :D

Sorry for this mess & drama, I waited so I could be sure my IP was protected. Both the copyrights & trademarks were submitted thru legalzoom and

I have been notified by the US Patent & Copyright Office & Trademark Office that they have been received.

It may be months before they posted.

I am done with this drama & If u guys include copyright GAM 83 as shown on the original screen

and copyright Gammation 1983 on program content on box &manual, with TM marks on mascot & Gammation name if. Thats fine with me.

please send me pics of everything sent out, so I can post them on my site.

I am done with GammaAttack4, I am reducing my site to memorabilia & a free demo download.

Hopefully, I will be back with a newer version & new games.

bob e

Hi Bob E,

As the copyright holder (with or without the paperwork!), here's hoping you'll see some sort of royalty payment on the 82 or however many that are being made.

Thanks,

5-11under

Edit: Best wishes for any future programming - just don't make 1 or 2 cartridges. ;)

Edited by 5-11under