IGNORED

Gamma Attack? WTF?

Phantom,

I'm looking forward to get a closer look at the original cart and its inner works.

Also, can you please tell to me where exactly that b&w paperwork came from?

Thanks.

8)

I can pretty much garuntee he's not gonna take it apart.

Only because Im afraid to mess it up at all. I havent even played inside a Combat cart ever before.

Maybe I will practice on opening a combat but all carts arent the same either right? Some open differently? I dont want to get it to where stuffs loose as it is irreplaceable. Sr knows how untechnical I am, which is why he said that I assume. I just dont want to ruin it. You are welcome to come over and do it for me but then you have to play me in a best of 7 tourney of random 2600 games and loser pays for the Beers & Pizza :D

Send the cart to me, I'll take care of it. :cool:

If it was gonna go anywhere it would have been to me. It's not going anywhere, he's got that thing under his pillow every night AKA it won't be put into the mail system which I can respect.

If it was gonna go anywhere it would have been to me. It's not going anywhere, he's got that thing under his pillow every night AKA it won't be put into the mail system which I can respect.

If he was a meth addict, he may have sent it to Canada, I don't think he is. :P

Actually I just put the original in a special case along with other rares so if there was, god forbid, a fire or something, that I could grab it quickly and get it to safety. Im unsure if I would go back for my CIBs into a fire but I think I would probably try to rescue them even with my rarest ones safe which isnt probably too smart. Hopefully it never comes to that but the real HTF ones have atleast a better chance than the rest and I was thinking about emptying my rarest CIBs and putting the carts into this case as well or maybe moving a few boxes of rarer CIBs to easier spots in the house to get to incase of something like a fire but then I figure that could make it easier if the house was robbed which is another worry I always have. Yes these things worry me about my collection. Its only my Atari collection that worries me so much. Well some of my rarer controllers worry me as well but nothing as much as my Atari Games which is by far my largest collection. Some Colecovision worry me and I think Im going to put my Congo Bongo INTV in the special case as well. Maybe thats what I will do. Anything that from any collection that is impossible to find should go in a new box. When I move, I want to display everything but then I start to think how the hell I would rescue anything like that if they were all over the place and I had seconds to grab them? Is this too much worry on my part or is it good that I am trying to plan ahead of a possible disaster? :ponder: I hate even thinking about these scenerios but since I found Gamma Attack, I worry even more about this crap :( .

It actually wears me out if I ponder on it too long.

I hate even thinking about these scenerios but since I found Gamma Attack, I worry even more about this crap :( .

Best thing to do is remind yourself that it and all your rare games are "on loan" to you for the duration of your life. Sooner or later you will pass away and leave them behind. If gamma attack was on loan to you and there were no consequences from the actual owner if you lost it, you probably wouldn't worry at all...

Well, he could stipulate in his will that they be destroyed upon his death... :ponder:

To hell with that! All my cool stuff is getting buried with me! Why wouldn't you want to take it with you?

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Why would you want to take it with you?

As if you are going to be there to enjoy it...

Anyway, unless one plans to be home when any fires break out, one might want to invest in a fire-proof safe.

I'm being entombed. It only costs about $10 to $15k.

I hate even thinking about these scenerios but since I found Gamma Attack, I worry even more about this crap :( .

Best thing to do is remind yourself that it and all your rare games are "on loan" to you for the duration of your life. Sooner or later you will pass away and leave them behind. If gamma attack was on loan to you and there were no consequences from the actual owner if you lost it, you probably wouldn't worry at all...

Ok so Im the only one thats wants to try to protect them if something should happen I have no control over? Tornados also come to mind. Not that we get em here much but the way the world seems to be changing, I could see them occuring more often here in NJ. The weather patterns seem to be forever shifting about these days.

Well, on loan or not, I still wouldnt want to see these get destroyed if I could help it. Im not particularly worried about Pacman or Combat as I believe I can find replacements though it may take some time :ponder: . Ok so ultimately they are on loan and I still want to save them from a disaster if I could. I guess that makes me crazy, so be it :twisted:

Why would you want to take it with you?

As if you are going to be there to enjoy it...

Anyway, unless one plans to be home when any fires break out, one might want to invest in a fire-proof safe.

I'm being entombed. It only costs about $10 to $15k.

I want a crypt with Air condition. Yes I dont like the heat which is why I wont be creamated.

Yes I am crazy but if I cant have AC, I want atleast a fan :ponder: :D

My family thinks Im nuts but the idea of it makes me feel better for some reason though I know it really wouldnt make much of a difference lol. I dont like the idea of being under the ground either. Ok enough of this subject. I hate thinking about this shite as well. :|

I just had a horrible vision of Marco being buried under piles and piles of Ultra rare Atari boxes. :!: Oh well probably a good way for an Atari enthusiast to die. :twisted:

:woozy:

Looks like I'll be off on an expedition to the Netherlands when that happens :twisted:

post-7232-1210559863_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

I have #6 of 100 (bought from Phantom) and one that I got at CTCW from Shawn Sr. - have not played either one yet though

These would both be the original, right?

I don't think after reading through all of this that it was ever mentioned where/how this was found - I read through all of it to find out...

I have 2 copies BTW :)

2 copies of the repro or 2 copies of the original. :ponder:

I have #6 of 100 (bought from Phantom) and one that I got at CTCW from Shawn Sr. - have not played either one yet though

These would both be the original, right?

I don't think after reading through all of this that it was ever mentioned where/how this was found - I read through all of it to find out...

I have 2 copies BTW :)

2 copies of the repro or 2 copies of the original. :ponder:

No those are very nicely made repo's. There is only one original acounted for at the moment and Phantom owns that. All the others are just repo's of the data that is on Phantoms cart. :)