IGNORED

Atari user's desk, circa 1983

gklinger

And if you get bored while using your Atari 800, you can just change the channel on your 'monitor' and watch something else! :)

I haven't been an Atari 8 bit user for long but the thought of getting bored while using an Atari seems absurd. :)

And if you get bored while using your Atari 800, you can just change the channel on your 'monitor' and watch something else! :)

I haven't been an Atari 8 bit user for long but the thought of getting bored while using an Atari seems absurd. :)

You know I never gotten bored when using my 130XE. I had (still have) both XE and C128. After playing games on my C128, it just sat there waiting for new games. But even after games, the XE was used all the time, Print Shop, Newsroom, RAMbrandt, WP, digitising, music, editing a fanzine....never got on with those things on C64.

Edited by thomasholzer

This was the setup that I used "back in the 80s"... I still have it.

800xl.jpg

My father and I built the wooden enclosure out of an old board we found laying around in the basement, and the top from a school-desk. He asked me about it last time I visited him, so I guess he's still proud of it. One day, maybe I'll clean it up and put another coat of varnish on it. It's solid wood. Assembled with dado-joints, glue, and counter-sunk screws. Pretty indestructable.

That picture looks staged - my computer desk never was that clean :) And who would leave their Atari 410 cassette player connected when two Atari 810 disk drives are available?

Maybe, maybe not. There are some houses that are spotless like that all over, all of the time.

Edited by Ross PK