IGNORED

Puzzle Quest Expansion

moycon

Easily one of my favorite Live games, I was stoked to hear that an expansion is on the way. I was actually just thinking a few weeks ago that I'd hope a sequel would be coming, this will work though.

Puzzle Quest 1.5 Has a Name

D3PA and Infinite Interactive choose the fan-submitted title 'Revenge of the Plague Lord' for the latest expansion.

April 3, 2008 - After receiving hundreds of entries, D3Publisher of America, Inc. and Infinite Interactive today revealed the winning game title for the new expansion pack to critically acclaimed Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords for Xbox Live Arcade, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - Revenge of the Plague Lord.

From March 17th through March 21st, D3PA and Infinite Interactive asked the devoted fan base to leave their mark on the Puzzle Quest universe by submitting their expansion pack title suggestions at www.puzzle-quest.com. Puzzle Quest fans answered the call with more than 500 entries submitted during the five-day submission period. It was a tough decision with Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - Revenge of the Plague Lord named as the winning game title and first and second runners-up going to Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - Sorceress of Malbec and Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - The Scourge of Antharg.

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - Revenge of the Plague Lord will be available for play as an addition to Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords for Xbox Live Arcade for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in spring 2008. The expansion pack will offer fans hours of additional gameplay with four brand new Hero Professions: Bard, Rogue, Ranger and Warlock. Players will adventure with new or existing Heroes to explore an expansive new area on the Southern Map containing more than 25 challenging quests, cast more than 50 new spells and collect more than 40 new magical items as they're immersed into the compelling story of Antharg, the Lord of Plague and brother to the infamous Lord Bane. New monsters, bosses and more will challenge veteran and casual fans alike for hours of compelling entertainment.

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords artfully blends match-three puzzle gameplay with strategy, character-building elements and a persistent storyline. This unique combination of gameplay elements produces an appealing new videogame genre that entices casual and hardcore gamers alike, offering hours of fun-filled gameplay for the whole family. For more information about Puzzle Quest games please visit www.puzzle-quest.com.

Edited by moycon

• 3 months later...

For those interested.... Expansion comes out 2morrow.

July 22, 2008 - On top of the recent price cut for Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords to 800 Microsoft Points (US $10), D3 has announced that the game's expansion will be made available for download tomorrow, July 23. The expansion, titled Revenge of the Plague Lord, will be on sale for download at the price of 700 Microsoft Points.

The Revenge of the Plague Lord expansion prmises four new hero professions (Bard, Rogue, Ranger and Warlock) and a new area on the southern map with more than 25 quests. Also included are more than 50 new spells and 40 magical items. The expansion tells the story of Antharg, the brother of Lord Bane. To help defeat this Lord of Plague, the expansion lifts the level cap to 60 and gives the encouragement of three new achievements.

I wish the expansion was 400 points though. Thats like close to $9 for 25 quests? Hmmmmmm I do love this game but seems steep for an expansion.

I love puzzle quest. I've beat it on the 360, and carry it with my psp all the time. I'll be getting the update for sure :)

I have it for my 360 and Nintendo DS. The DS version is much better... the touch screen is just perfect for this type of game.

-rick