IGNORED

Space Invaders (You never know what's in a sealed box...)

Room 34

ok everyone, check the back of your red boxes and see where the box was made. i believe the silver label comes in a box marked on the back "made in Hong Kong". the red label one comes in the same kind of box, but the back of box has "made in Taiwan", just like the one shown on atariage. is there a silver label that is different from the silver label space invaders shown on atariage?

of course, that analysis is from just my own two data points of opening up two boxes.

ok everyone, check the back of your red boxes and see where the box was made.  i believe the silver label comes in a box marked on the back "made in Hong Kong".   the red label one comes in the same kind of box, but the back of box has "made in Taiwan", just like the one shown on atariage.   is there a silver label that is different from the silver label space invaders shown on atariage?

of course, that analysis is from just my own two data points of opening up two boxes.

My experience supports your theory... My red-label box (which started this thread in the first place) says MADE IN HONG KONG and it had the silver-label cart inside.

StanJr!

Holy crap - that's like the nicest thing anyone online has ever said to me.

Thanks bro.

I've been spending some time at. . .

*plug coming, plug coming*

www.dslreports.com

I'm kind of a geek too, and I love helping people with their computer problems, so I've been doing just that! Helping people.

Check me out over there some time. I'm, believe it or not, "Garbs" over there too.

But, hey, I still love my Atari friends - I've come back to check in and see what the hell has been going on around here!

• 2 weeks later...

Today I got Space Invanders (red box) (factory sealed) that I won bid from Philfloud's auction......when I opened the box and I was suripsed that there is grey label!!! What suripsed!!

If you wanted me to scan and then post this forums to proof it???

Hmm, I did want a sealed red label SI, now I'm not so sure. Maybe I'll buy one anyways just to have a brand new SI, regardless of label.

I'm glad my sealed carts won't have that type of label problem:

Dark Chambers: Only made in red label

Desert Falcon: Only made in red label

E.T.: Only made in silver label

Yep, only three sealed, pretty sad, huh?