IGNORED

And yet, another Quadrun auction

lonesome_pa

I have only recently started collecting atari, I am mainly a vintage hockey card collector. I just thought I might mention that if there was a print run of 10,000 or so Quadrun carts, that it just may not be as rare as people think. Even when factoring in things such as destroyed copies(garbages,fires,damp basements etc.) this cart,(and i'm only going on a guesstimated print run that somebody on this forum gave!) may still have thousands of copies floating around!

Now, with a hobby so relatively new,(New, based on tenure of hobbies such as stamps,coins,etc) the collector base is very small(please ,no hatemail,all of the atari collectors i have spoken to are INCREDIBLY dedicated to their hobby..Kudos!). I have a hard time believing that demand is CRUSHING supply. These Quadrun games, and Waterworld,Qbert Qubes,etc. will pop up fairly frequently now that the general public is becoming aware that there is a MARKET for collectable vintage games. People will actively search for these games the more aware they are about your hobby.

Im not saying the market will be flooded with quadrun games, just that people who find them will know what they have,and sell them.

Ive collected vintage cards for 30+ years,and if there was a card that had a print run of over ten thousand,the value was not very high.(eg Wayne gretzky rookie card...high print run, If it had a print run of only a couple of thousand it would be worth tens of thousands, but alas, only around 800 bucks!!) now,take a card of modern era ,where they serial number print runs to several hundred sometimes.....Whoo some of these ar worth a fortune!

Great hobby though! Still affordable and carts are still attainable! Enjoy that part while it lasts. Sometimes being in the building era of a hobby is much more fun than the "boomtimes"!

DO NOT BID!!!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!! :x :x :x

I emailed the seller and asked for pictures. He sent every image from Atariage. Even the manual page scans. He didn't even change the picture names. Aargh! I hate people like this. I'm gonna reply and ask if he has any pictures from any other Atari based websites he could send, too. Say I'm a collector or something. Heh :ponder:

Wonder what he'll do?

Tad

Alright, I sent him this email, lets see what he says in reply. lol

Wow, thats great! This is in really good condition. But ya know what makes this great for me? This will be great in my collection! I mean wow, this looks just like the Quadrun pictures from Atariage.com! Even the slight scratches on your game match the picture of Quadrun from the site! It must be the same game! And your scans of the manual! Man! They even had the SAME filename as the atariage manual scans! Wow! I'd almost think you stole those copywrited images and are using them for your own auction! You know though, I just need more info. Can you copy some pictures from another atari website, and send those to me too? Then I'll feel safe buying a $300 game from you. I mean hey, if I'm gonna send that kind of money I dont want to get cheated or anything. Heck, I'd be able to press legal charges over $300. Thats a misdemenor punishable by up to 18 months in jail. But of course you knew that, thats why you are getting the perfect pictures to represent your games, right?

Thanks!

Well, let's see. No pictures short of the stolen ones. His feedback is a 6 and he's never sold an item before. Yet he pulls a boxed Quadrun out of his ass in mint condition. Man these people have balls. I'd email him and tell him I'll bid on his item if he would send it COD.

And who's the bidder with the brand new ID? His buddy?

Don't even bother emailing the guy anymore.

Phil

Alright, I sent him this email, lets see what he says in reply. lol

Wow, thats great! This is in really good condition. But ya know what makes this great for me? This will be great in my collection! I mean wow, this looks just like the Quadrun pictures from Atariage.com! Even the slight scratches on your game match the picture of Quadrun from the site! It must be the same game! And your scans of the manual! Man! They even had the SAME filename as the atariage manual scans! Wow! I'd almost think you stole those copywrited images and are using them for your own auction! You know though, I just need more info. Can you copy some pictures from another atari website, and send those to me too? Then I'll feel safe buying a $300 game from you. I mean hey, if I'm gonna send that kind of money I dont want to get cheated or anything. Heck, I'd be able to press legal charges over $300. Thats a misdemenor punishable by up to 18 months in jail. But of course you knew that, thats why you are getting the perfect pictures to represent your games, right?

Thanks!

Dude, you Rock. I wouldn't have had the seeds to write something like that just out-of-the-blue. Cracking up over here.

1. the auction ended early. maybe the seller backed out of his fraudulent auction

Started Aug-12-02 22:35:49 PDT

Ends Aug-13-02 23:47:39 PDT

2. the winning bidder looks like a shill bidder, with 0 feedback before this auction.

3. the seller left this suspicious feedback about the winning bidder.

sephiroth2726 (6) Aug-14-02 11:56:11 PDT 1373296679 B

Praise : Decided not to buy the game after all...But had good reason